Rental management companies recommendations

Les&Elaine

Probably the largest company that does that is Outdoorsy and you can find them here. Another company is called RV Share that does the same thing. Those are the only 2 large companies that I know of doing this and if I were you I would stick with a national company. Doing a search on the internet, I also found RVnGo  and HPRV but I have never heard of them before.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, ToddF said:

RVs are complex and fragile. It will rapidly depreciate if you rent it out. People pile into these things with their kids/grandkids and pets. It will be trashed. not a good idea.

I would also be concerned about renters having no idea about weight limits.

We rented one many years ago and took it through a truck wash before returning it. The company said they had never had one returned so clean. That may give you an idea of what to expect.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

My advice is to find indoor storage and use that location as a "base" for trips to the US. Depending on size of rig etc, there are a few options in Minnesota which is a good central location with a major international airport in the Twin Cities. I personally would hate to keep my rig outside when I'm not using it. And as I stated earlier, renting it out is a terrible idea. Sounds good in theory, but the reality of the situation is that it would be a nightmare.

I think the problem with some of the companies mentioned above is that you have to be there to walk the renters through the RV, whereas we won't be in the country so need someone to do that for us. I appreciate the warnings against renting out, but that's what insurance is for and it's much like Air BNB, which I've been involved in for a while with no problems.

As far as I am aware, none of our regular members have ever worked with any of the 4 rental companies that I listed so it would be quite interesting to know what you eventually do and how it works out. I would very much appreciate it if you would be so kind as to post information about the experience as you move forward and an update when you return to use the RV yourself again. I have long heard the disparaging comments about renting your RV out and I have never seriously considered doing so myself, so we could all learn from you. I know that there are people out there who do this and are satisfied as the companies I listed have to get the RVs from someone. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Here's a company in Arizona that stores and rents your RV and does the walk-thru with customers.  I just did a Google. I know nothing about the company.  There may be more like this.

https://www.goingplacesrv.com/rv-owners/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

1 hour ago, 2gypsies said:

Here's a company in Arizona that stores and rents your RV and does the walk-thru with customers.  I just did a Google. I know nothing about the company.  There may be more like this.

https://www.goingplacesrv.com/rv-owners/

That place looks promising from their website. But, do note you have to put your RV in inventory for at least one year so you probably can't come use it every summer for all summer, for instance. Note I said probably. There may be a way you can "rent" it for some trips. I would want more details and some feedback from other owners before I turned my RV over to them.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van