Jump to content
LindaH

Verizon's Visible

Recommended Posts

On 10/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, trimster said:

Will the SIM work in a hot spot other than Verizon Jet Pac? 

Visible is strictly phone based.   You can't put their SIM in any hotspot device including the Verizon Jet Pack.  The unlimited data is available on the phone itself and via the phone's hotspot, one device at a time unless you use an external WiFi router as the single device.

Edited by Lou Schneider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

Visible is strictly phone based.   You can't put their SIM in any hotspot device including the Verizon Jet Pack.  The unlimited data is available on the phone itself and via the phone's hotspot, one device at a time unless you use an external WiFi router as the single device.

My Visible SIM has been in first a Verizon 6620L and currently a 7730L Jetpack for almost a year now with no complaint from Visible so far. I guess they could shut me down for only using one of the three unlimited services the plan includes though. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Verizon 6620L and tried the SIM in it and it worked fine. All you have to do is change the JetPack's APN to VSBLINTERNET. I tried this just to see if it works. Since Visible is my only phone and data source I put the SIM back into my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To answer Trimster's hotspot question, I did try my Visible SIM in a Netgear Unite Explore (815S) at one time and it worked ok. Because the Unite didn't have the best band coverage for Verizon though, I chose to move it back to my 7730L and use the Unite with my AT&T Mobley SIM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch_12078 said:

To answer Trimster's hotspot question, I did try my Visible SIM in a Netgear Unite Explore (815S) at one time and it worked ok. Because the Unite didn't have the best band coverage for Verizon though, I chose to move it back to my 7730L and use the Unite with my AT&T Mobley SIM.

I briefly tried to put my Visible SIM in my 7730L and it rejected it.  I thought I had used the correct APN.  It identified it as a non-Verizon SIM.  What did you do to get it to worK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, docj said:

I briefly tried to put my Visible SIM in my 7730L and it rejected it.  I thought I had used the correct APN.  It identified it as a non-Verizon SIM.  What did you do to get it to worK?

All I did was plug it in and change the APN to VSBLINTERNET.

On edit: Make sure you save the APN change...

1h8OEuvl.png

Edited by Dutch_12078

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably the wrong place to ask this but I have always wondered if I buy a new phone, same brand as I have and the Sim card fits, can I just move the sim card from one phone to the next or do I need a new Sim card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

All I did was plug it in and change the APN to VSBLINTERNET.

On edit: Make sure you save the APN change...

Thanks, I'll try it again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SWharton said:

This is probably the wrong place to ask this but I have always wondered if I buy a new phone, same brand as I have and the Sim card fits, can I just move the sim card from one phone to the next or do I need a new Sim card?

That would be a definite "maybe". :)

Some carriers lock the SIM to the phone's IMEI and it cannot be moved, while others don't and swapping phones is just that easy. Generally, I see locked SIM's more often with 3rd-party prepaid MVNO's like Tracfone for instance, rather than the major carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...