Verizon's Visible

LindaH

On 10/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, trimster said:

Will the SIM work in a hot spot other than Verizon Jet Pac? 

Visible is strictly phone based.   You can't put their SIM in any hotspot device including the Verizon Jet Pack.  The unlimited data is available on the phone itself and via the phone's hotspot, one device at a time unless you use an external WiFi router as the single device.

Edited by Lou Schneider

6 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

Visible is strictly phone based.   You can't put their SIM in any hotspot device including the Verizon Jet Pack.  The unlimited data is available on the phone itself and via the phone's hotspot, one device at a time unless you use an external WiFi router as the single device.

My Visible SIM has been in first a Verizon 6620L and currently a 7730L Jetpack for almost a year now with no complaint from Visible so far. I guess they could shut me down for only using one of the three unlimited services the plan includes though. ;) 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I have a Verizon 6620L and tried the SIM in it and it worked fine. All you have to do is change the JetPack's APN to VSBLINTERNET. I tried this just to see if it works. Since Visible is my only phone and data source I put the SIM back into my phone.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

To answer Trimster's hotspot question, I did try my Visible SIM in a Netgear Unite Explore (815S) at one time and it worked ok. Because the Unite didn't have the best band coverage for Verizon though, I chose to move it back to my 7730L and use the Unite with my AT&T Mobley SIM.

Dutch

1 hour ago, Dutch_12078 said:

To answer Trimster's hotspot question, I did try my Visible SIM in a Netgear Unite Explore (815S) at one time and it worked ok. Because the Unite didn't have the best band coverage for Verizon though, I chose to move it back to my 7730L and use the Unite with my AT&T Mobley SIM.

I briefly tried to put my Visible SIM in my 7730L and it rejected it.  I thought I had used the correct APN.  It identified it as a non-Verizon SIM.  What did you do to get it to worK?

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

12 minutes ago, docj said:

I briefly tried to put my Visible SIM in my 7730L and it rejected it.  I thought I had used the correct APN.  It identified it as a non-Verizon SIM.  What did you do to get it to worK?

All I did was plug it in and change the APN to VSBLINTERNET.

On edit: Make sure you save the APN change...

1h8OEuvl.png

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch

18 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

All I did was plug it in and change the APN to VSBLINTERNET.

On edit: Make sure you save the APN change...

Thanks, I'll try it again

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

30 minutes ago, SWharton said:

This is probably the wrong place to ask this but I have always wondered if I buy a new phone, same brand as I have and the Sim card fits, can I just move the sim card from one phone to the next or do I need a new Sim card?

That would be a definite "maybe". :)

Some carriers lock the SIM to the phone's IMEI and it cannot be moved, while others don't and swapping phones is just that easy. Generally, I see locked SIM's more often with 3rd-party prepaid MVNO's like Tracfone for instance, rather than the major carriers.

Dutch