Verizon's Visible

LindaH

I was looking at their website today and notice an asterisk on the "unlimited data."  It says that the unlimited data is for a limited time only and begins on 10/22/2019.  Does anyone know whether or not Visible is still offering unlimited data?  If so, any idea when it might stop being offered?  

I'd like to sign up for Visible once our current Verizon contract ends, but that's a little more than a year away, but I wouldn't want to lose out on the unlimited data!  

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Yes, the unlimited is still available and always has been. What started last October was the 5 Mbps speed limit was dropped for new subscribers, and that is also still in effect. They could bring that back at any time, but those that already have it will be grandfathered in.

For Party Pay, the others in your party don't even need to be people you know. Each person has their own account and gets their own bill. The only thing the other party members know about each other is their first names, area code, and the last four digits of their phone number. There's a Reddit page where people looking to fill in a party solicit members.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VisiblePartyPay/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Visibles plans are still available with unlimited on device data, unlimited mobile hotspot capped at 5 Mbps for one connected device (but rarely enforced) and video throttled to 480p. 

They're a great value, and one of our top pick data plans. 

Here's our full review: http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/visible

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

The only time I see Visible hotspot speeds as slow as 5 Mbps is when I have a less than ideal signal. 15-30 Mbps is more commonly what I see with 40-50 on better/closer towers. Here's what I'm seeing right now during peak evening hours from a tower that's about 4 miles away.

10136054417.png

Dutch

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Do you get a new sim card from Visible?

There's a place on Visible's website to determine whether or not your phone is compatible with their service.  If it is, then I would assume they'd send you a new sim card, but don't know.  Perhaps their website says.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Yes they will over night you a SIM card. I signed up Monday, signed my wife up Tuesday and my sister and now my other sister will be signing up today.that will fill our dance card and will only be paying $25.00 a month each for unlimited! On top of that after our second month Visible will send each a $100.00 MasterCard online gift card plus our first month was only $25.00 total. They make it all so easy and it’s on Verizon towers.

For those with Visible phones that limit the hotspot to one connection, remember that one connection can be any of several WiFi as LAN capable routers that will accept many more connections. 

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch

I'm still in research mode and noticed on RV Mobile Internet's site it says Visible is app based.  Can someone explain exactly how that works?  Do you have to open the app in order to make a call or to use the hotspot?  If you have to open the app to make a call, how do you receive a call?

I looked at the app on Play Store and it gets only 3.7 stars.  While there are some good reviews, there are a lot of bad ones, too, mainly about the app crashing and voice quality being poor.

What has your experience been with Visible?

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Linda there is no web site, only an app. No, it works like a regular phone.

Use app to check your account and number of members in your group

We have used it mainly West Coast, from Anacortes, to no where Az, and have been very happy with the service. We also haven’t had any issues using it as a hot spot for multiple devices.

it is not an AT&T or Vz though. You cannot pick up the phone and speak with someone. The only way to get in contact is through chat, on the app

i have had it a year in November. Check your phone compatibility, they overnight you a new SIM card, activate, good to go

Edited by NutinElse2Do

Thanks NutinElse2Do!

I did check my phone's compatibility and, unfortunately, it's not compatible.  😪  But, I just got off a chat with an agent at Visible and, if I want to port my phone number, they'd send me their ZTE Blade A3 Prime phone for free (https://www.visible.com/shop/smartphones/visible-A3-ZTE), I'd activate it when delivered which would port my number over, and then I'd send them my old phone back.  

If their chat using the app is anything like the chat using the website, I'll be happy!  The woman I chatted with was helpful and informative!

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

5 hours ago, LindaH said:

Thanks NutinElse2Do!

I did check my phone's compatibility and, unfortunately, it's not compatible.  😪  But, I just got off a chat with an agent at Visible and, if I want to port my phone number, they'd send me their ZTE Blade A3 Prime phone for free (https://www.visible.com/shop/smartphones/visible-A3-ZTE), I'd activate it when delivered which would port my number over, and then I'd send them my old phone back.  

If their chat using the app is anything like the chat using the website, I'll be happy!  The woman I chatted with was helpful and informative!

FYI -- Visible works fine for data, but using the service for voice is not recommended according to several folks who tried it.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

3 hours ago, Zulu said:

FYI -- Visible works fine for data, but using the service for voice is not recommended according to several folks who tried it.

What are the problems with voice?

For those of you who have been using Visible, how is your experience with voice quality?

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

3 hours ago, LindaH said:

What are the problems with voice?

For those of you who have been using Visible, how is your experience with voice quality?

I don't use it for voice, but I've heard voice was not that reliable.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

I've had Visible since June 2019 and it has worked great for voice and data. It is my only phone and data source. I have traveled out west to Montana and spend winters in Florida with no issues. The app is only required to activate the phone. You do need to connect to WiFi to activate the phone. If you are porting your phone number to Visible your old phone will be de-activated once the change takes affect.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

I've read a few reviews that mentioned voice problems, but it was hard to tell from the write up whether the problem was service or phone related. Other than a couple of test calls right after activation, I've only used Visible for data...

Dutch

• 2 weeks later...

The Reddit link below lists a number of open parties looking for more members. The Visible plan is for phones only, although I've been using my Visible SIM in a Verizon Jetpack for over a year now with no complaints from Visible. I don't know how they would react to putting the SIM in a tablet...

https://www.reddit.com/r/VisiblePartyPay/

Dutch

1 hour ago, Dutch_12078 said:

The Reddit link below lists a number of open parties looking for more members.

I found a party on Facebook...there's a page specifically for finding Visible parties.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:32 AM, Dutch_12078 said:

I've read a few reviews that mentioned voice problems, 

So far, I've had no problems with the voice quality on Visible.  I have a Motorola Moto G7 Power phone.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

55 minutes ago, LindaH said:

I found a party on Facebook...there's a page specifically for finding Visible parties.

So far, I've had no problems with the voice quality on Visible.  I have a Motorola Moto G7 Power phone.

I've seen the Facebook page mentioned before, but I haven't had a need to check it out yet,

As I said before, I don't know if the voice quality complaints were related to certain phone models or not. If it were a system problem, I'd expect to see a lot more complaints though.

Dutch