Will a Class A work

fly2low

We currently have a 35' Super C, and are considering a change.  Either go slightly larger to a 38' Super C with either a DD13 or DD16 engine, or a 37/38' Class A DP with a Cummins L9.

We spend most of our time in CO, MT, UT, ID, WA, and OR boondocking.  We have a Jeep for our TOAD, and like going off the beaten path.  Many of the roads we take with our rig are dirt/gravel.  How much of an impact would this have on a Class A with a side facing radiator.  I worry about plugging the radiator.  How much ground clearance does a Class A DP have?

I really like our rig, but considering our options.  Any input would be appreciated

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

We also loved boondocking on public lands with our 40' Class A and would drive up to 20 mi. from the pavement.... on good gravel/dirt roads.  No Jeepin' boulder hopping with the RV!  A side radiator is much better than a rear.  In 8 yr. we never had an issue.  Our ground clearance was good for what we did.  Our sewer connection was up high inside a bay so nothing was hanging below.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

You already know what the Super C will do. If you are happy with it, why go to the unknown. If I understand the numbers; why go to a 9L when you can go with a 13L or 16L. The bigger the number the more power. In the mountains more power is better.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com