Winegard Acquires WiFiRanger!

docj

An exciting event in the RV world was announced this morning. Two world-class companies in electronics are now one! Winegard Company of Iowa has acquired WiFiRanger of Idaho. Both companies will continue to provide superior products and services to their customers and the synergy between their talents provides the promise of even more exciting products in the future.

For the time being there will be no change in either company's products or operations. Both product lines will continue to be sold and serviced.

But now the Converge and Connect product line are family!

Here's the official announcement:,,Winegard acquires WiFiRanger

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Let's hope it results in a better product!  I have a great internet setup, but not completed yet, so I still have to go through the WifiRanger that our private seller had installed.  It's ... okay, but drops my connections constantly (and shouldn't).   Just have it in place until I get that new setup from MobileMustHave (Pepwave Max Transit Duo) up on the roof and a hard line run to my internal router.  

Have to say to anyone, if you're considering getting a WifiRanger, I'd recommend looking at the Pepwave products first.  Having compared them side-by-side, I find that the Pepwave interface and quality is far superior.

But glad WFR found a good buyer to take them to the next level.

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

3 hours ago, Will B. said:

Let's hope it results in a better product!  I have a great internet setup, but not completed yet, so I still have to go through the WifiRanger that our private seller had installed.  It's ... okay, but drops my connections constantly (and shouldn't).   Just have it in place until I get that new setup from MobileMustHave (Pepwave Max Transit Duo) up on the roof and a hard line run to my internal router.  

Have to say to anyone, if you're considering getting a WifiRanger, I'd recommend looking at the Pepwave products first.  Having compared them side-by-side, I find that the Pepwave interface and quality is far superior.

But glad WFR found a good buyer to take them to the next level.

I'm sorry your Ranger hasn't met your expectations.  It sounds as if it is at least several years old and I have no idea what firmware version you are using.  Dropping connections can be the result of multiple factors.  All I can say is that, quite truthfully, my new Ranger Aspen router works for many days without needing attention or dropping a connection.

That being said,  many Pepwave products compete in a price and performance market above where WiFiRanger is positioned.   One should choose a product that meets his performance requirements and his budget.

Joel (AKA docj)

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Wi_Fi Ranger came with our new HR Invicta along with the Winegard 360° antenna.

Not sure the Wi_Fi Ranger will actually help anything with our Verizon Hot Spot.  If the signal is weak there will be nothing much to "amplify" and we never ever use RV park Wi-Fi for security reasons.

Anyone have any thing on the use of Wi-Fi Ranger?

If the signal is weak there will be nothing much to "amplify" and we never ever use RV park Wi-Fi for security reasons."

We use a WeBoost Reach booster and it has given us reasonable speed when a weak signal gives us unusable or very slow speeds.  In fact where we are now we have good Verizon speeds on our hotspot, tethered to a Pepwave Surf SOHO MK3 router, but without the WeBoost speedtests failed.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

So far I have been unable to connect to the WI-FI Ranger control panel.  Sent multiple requests to support indicating neither of the 2 methods they indicate actually work.

The Support reply was transparently parroting back that I should try one of the 2 methods I had noted DID NOT work.

So did not read my issue???

So no joy so far.  Also on our Alpine radio/tuner/cntrl panel in the Invicta if the WI-FI ranger is powered on the FM signal form our desired radio station is very static filled.  When powered off the FM signal is clean and crisp.

So perhaps this "add on" will be of no use to me.