Kenworth hooked up for the fist time today.

Pete Kildow

After our Camper has sat for the last 3 years. Got it out and into the sun again. Also hooked up the Kenworth to it also. The way its sitting in the pic, camper shows to be level. Was sure I would have to drop the 5th wheel down more. But it has air in the bags and truck bags were full. So looks like its good on top of the frame as it sits now.

Thinking I will find a short standard pinbox for it. See no reason to have the extended pinbox on it. As I have room behind the cab for it to sit closer to the sleeper. Going to measure the one on my Daughters camper. And if it will work, swap it out with her straight down pinbox. She wants the extended box. Also she does not tow hers but 3 or 4 times per year. Then its to move it if the river is about to flood.

Were having issues with the auto level system on our Heartland. Guess I will have to buy a new control board. This one only lights up after unplugging it. Then when you plug it back it, shows Error and then hit Enter and it goes back to Error. But only shows Error and nothing to show why its an error?

Truck is dirty, been hauling limestone base material all last week. Have around 300 more tons to haul this month. That finishes our driveway to the RV shed. Plus fills in for the new shop going in this fall. Sure hope to be camping soon. Wife's last day of work was July second. But she is on vacation the rest of the month. Then retirement starts First of August. :D

Also going to pull the headach rack off the back. Build the Drom box for the back this fall.

NPJbpG8l.jpg

Edited by Pete Kildow

event.png

2 hours ago, Pete Kildow said:

After our Camper has sat for the last 3 years. Got it out and into the sun again. Also hooked up the Kenworth to it also. The way its sitting in the pic, camper shows to be level. Was sure I would have to drop the 5th wheel down more. But it has air in the bags and truck bags were full. So looks like its good on top of the frame as it sits now.

Thinking I will find a short standard pinbox for it. See no reason to have the extended pinbox on it. As I have room behind the cab for it to sit closer to the sleeper. Going to measure the one on my Daughters camper. And if it will work, swap it out with her straight down pinbox. She wants the extended box. Also she does not tow hers but 3 or 4 times per year. Then its to move it if the river is about to flood.

Were having issues with the auto level system on our Heartland. Guess I will have to buy a new control board. This one only lights up after unplugging it. Then when you plug it back it, shows Error and then hit Enter and it goes back to Error. But only shows Error and nothing to show why its an error?

Truck is dirty, been hauling limestone base material all last week. Have around 300 more tons to haul this month. That finishes our driveway to the RV shed. Plus fills in for the new shop going in this fall. Sure hope to be camping soon. Wife's last day of work was July second. But she is on vacation the rest of the month. Then retirement starts First of August. :D

Also going to pull the headach rack off the back. Build the Drom box for the back this fall.

NPJbpG8l.jpg

Congratulations.  Looking good.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

On 7/13/2020 at 7:00 PM, noteven said:

Pete - Kenworths run better with a bit of work dirt on ‘em.

Should be running perfect after this week. The water truck is wetting down the limestone parking lots at the crusher. After 5 days of that stuff, its sure dirty. 23 more loads and should have all the limestone base hauled in.

event.png