Suggestions for TOAD

DeeS

I am in the process of buying my Coachman Prism and will be looking for a car to tow behind it.   I would prefer to not have to use a dolly so am looking for suggestions that I can tow with 4 wheels on the road.

Thanks

Dee

There are lots of towable vehicles out there but I think the two most popular brands are Jeep and Honda. The Honda CR-V is not as easily towable as it used to be so, if you go that way, you might want to buy used.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

If you are looking for a new or recent model vehicle that can be towed without any modification and no impact on the vehicle warranty, I strongly suggest that you download a few copies of the annual Motorhome Magazine Dingy Towing Guide that the publish each year. If you are looking at some particular make/model that you want but are not sure about, check that out on the REMCO Towing Guide, which will also let you know if there is a kit to enable towing that vehicle and what it would cost to get the kit. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 minutes ago, somewhereinusa said:

Why?

I have towed 4-down and also on a dolly. The only way that I would ever consider going back to a dolly would be for a temporary situation. It does allow towing a front wheel drive that can't be towed on the wheels. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI