Almost new 2015 Electric Smart for sale

CrazyCooter

Came across this ad on another forum and thought I'd p[ass it along. Price by KBB is a little on the high side, but it does only have 65 miles on it. If I had the space, I'd consider it as it would make a cool daily commuter for me!

https://advrider.com/f/threads/price-drop-7000-2015-smart-car-100-electric-less-than-50-miles.1426507/

Edited by CrazyCooter

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

They only have like a 50mile battery in them. 

Yes, may not work for everyone, but my commute is 2.4 miles each way. For touring the country like many of you do, It would not work

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

3 hours ago, CrazyCooter said:

Yes, may not work for everyone, but my commute is 2.4 miles each way. For touring the country like many of you do, It would not work

And 2.4 miles won't even get the motor warm on an i/c vehicle.  I would consider one, if I didn't need my tool box.  I've tried several times to use a motorcycle to commute, but found that the pick-up with tools is always at the wrong place.

That said, for the past two months, the "real car" has hardly moved, and we take the smart everywhere, unless it's a long ride, then we take the little truck.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

5 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

And 2.4 miles won't even get the motor warm on an i/c vehicle.  I would consider one, if I didn't need my tool box.  I've tried several times to use a motorcycle to commute, but found that the pick-up with tools is always at the wrong place.

That said, for the past two months, the "real car" has hardly moved, and we take the smart everywhere, unless it's a long ride, then we take the little truck.

When the weather is good, I ride a motorcycle to work. This week it's raining and my Jeep has the top off, so I'm driving my Cummins Ram which I hate. I leave the Jeep at the shop in case I need to run for some bigger parts or I now have a trailer that tows behind any of the three dual sport bikes.

The Smart would give me instant A/C/heat on the short commute and we also have solar at the house which was sized before we were energy efficient, so we have excess energy that I could put to work.....That said, it would never pay for itself before the battery failed. We had considered exploring more urban locations, so charging stations would be plentiful and I could charge at the RV park for free at night so long as nobody noticed?

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4