Interior Design Help...Please!

aztex

Hi,

I have an Airstream and want to install a table that goes along the back wall. I have a nice too that I have cut to fit the corner radius's.

My problem lies in the fact the walls are curved so but having trouble fitting the squared table leg units I have (Imagine a pair of H shaped leg units the exact width of the top).

When pushed up against the side wall, on the floor, it leaves a ~4-6" gap at 29" up.

A pair of heavy duty pedestals would do the trick but I can only find light weight ones that are removable. I'd like to find some that are solid units that have wide bases and tops. i'm not having any luck finding on line and drawing a blank. With C-19 going around and living far from a Home Depot going to the hardware store is a hassle unless I can identify the exact parts I'd need and get in and out.

Any idea?

Thanks!

BTW I tried the Airstream Forum and those guys are less than helpful. They either don't answer such questions or make jokes and tell you you're an idiot for having an idea they don't like.

Edited by aztex

1 hour ago, aztex said:

I have a nice to that I have cut to fir the corner radius's.

i don't understand this part? Do you intend to cut the top corners to fit the curve of the trailer walls? If so, then why not modify the existing H mounting to sit at an angle to sit under the new table top shape?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

7 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

i don't understand this part? Do you intend to cut the top corners to fit the curve of the trailer walls? If so, then why not modify the existing H mounting to sit at an angle to sit under the new table top shape?

Sorry yes. I corrected the text.

Top is fitted to fit perfectly along the curve of the wall,

I have considered angling the legs making the distance from the wall shorter....I just don't like the look. Being an Airstream a couple of nice aluminum posts/pedestal would look better.

I've found some by Todd for boats but most seem to require using a hole saw to take a big plug out of the floor and I'm not sure I want to commit to that....not sure what's underneath the floor... .

I guess like an aluminum or steel base I could permanently secure some round posts into would be what I want....I've found plastic and more complicated bases but nothing I can confirm I could secure permanently...and they are expensive so... a gamble..

Thanks!

Without having the "H" bases in front of me, is there any possibility of shortening the cross piece, and cantilevering the wall edge side? Here's an Aluminum supplier I've used before. They carry all kinds of extrusions, and fittings to turn them into something.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

1 hour ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Without having the "H" bases in front of me, is there any possibility of shortening the cross piece, and cantilevering the wall edge side? Here's an Aluminum supplier I've used before. They carry all kinds of extrusions, and fittings to turn them into something.

WOW!

80/20 is SUPER cool! I can ,make something from that! Thanks! Website is a bit confusing. Have you ordered directly from them?

Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, aztex said:

WOW!

80/20 is SUPER cool! I can ,make something from that! Thanks! Website is a bit confusing. Have you ordered directly from them?

Thanks so much!

I have. They sell direct, and also on Amazon. I try to buy direct, when possible, to take Bezos out of the (|financial) loop.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 3 weeks later...

They make surface mounted pockets for table posts that you can mount to the floor. It is the same one that mounts to the underside of the table if you don't want to cut a hole in the floor.  https://parts.unitedrv.com/products/round-recessed-mnt-base?variant=34725552385&currency=USD&_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQjwncT1BRDhARIsAOQF9LnH9El32RTNBYXvFQSm-sTngmEHspjKkTn-UKkqkQ4qpG4OXVrOu2kaAiLCEALw_wcB

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.