lap sealant & Elastomeric Roof Coating

rving mr

Hi

I'm going cheep. Can dicor lap sealant and rust-oleum 301904 7yr elastomeric roof coating work to gather ? Does it mater what order I apply them. EA: elastomeric over present roof than lap seal. And for areas that need lap sealant do I need to remove old stuff if it dos'nt have dry cracks just piled up a little ?

Edited by rving mr

I have no idea if the two products are even compatible. I found these instructions that you should probably read carefully, on the internet. Of particular note is this item that I copied from them. 

EPDM, PVC, PIB, TPO AND HYPALON:

Must be primed with Rust-Oleum 105 Multi-Surface Adhesion Primer*. * See primer labels and technical data sheet for correct surface preparation and application procedures.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'm NO expert in this area or either product mentioned so take this with a grain of salt. FWIW I would first apply the roof coating then follow up with Dicor where needed. For years I have used Hengs rubber roof coating and applied Dicor over top in critical areas like around vents etc AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.

YES I would remove old dried up product and clean before applying new Dicor

John T 

1 minute ago, oldjohnt said:

then follow up with Dicor where needed.

Is it safe to assume that by Dicor you mean that brand of self leveling, lap sealant? 

dicor-rv-accessories-501lsw-1-64_145.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Is it safe to assume that by Dicor you mean that brand of self leveling, lap sealant? 

Yeppers, you got it Kirk. Hey I'm not too far from you I'm in Kilgore now headed to SKP in Livingston later, its starting to warm up finally. After I have used Hengs Roof Coating I followed up with a bit of Dicor "Self Leveling Lap Sealant" around my roof top vents etc., never had a problem BUT I don't know much about any of this topic...……… Hopefully my Brake Buddy Loner will be there and I can return my air leaking unit to them for repairs before I go to Austin for Thanksgiving with my favorite daughter.

Take care

John T