Update all Windows versions Now! Deja Vu?

RV_

The last out of band (out of cycle between the regular second Tuesday of each month update) update had issues and added unexpected problems. I am getting really tired of these bad updates since MS (Microsoft) changed who was responsible for putting out updates. The last one from September 14, which is also posted here, caused some printer issues for a very few but still did not fix the zero day, this one does said MS. (where have I heard that before?)

We did them and nothing seems adversely affected. Here's the write up posted here: Details posted here in Internet Access On The Road

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Thanks Derek! Now I know why my desktop was acting weird the last 2 weeks, flashing  various pop-up menu's very frequently, changing to diagnostic screens, etc. It's fine now, since the update yesterday.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Great Ray! I just sold the house and should be closing in the next couple of weeks so all I've had here is my oldest Surface Pro 3 for a computer. It had none of the issues but Firefox has had tab switching issues for a few months on this tablet, unrelated to the updates in the last month. I was hoping it would be fixed but I guess it's a Mozilla issue. Once they get the new Edge using Chrome's engine I may switch over to it.

Regular update coming in three days on the 8th.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Thanks Dennis! It ain't over until the check clears in my account. The title company called and said it should be quick as our properties are all paid for. We already sold the inherited home on 3 acres, and this with five now. I'm going to have my work cut out for me in figuring the best way to put the money to work. The only splurge we have in mind is a Tesla Model 3 two motor all wheel drive. Fitting because we are still working off the gains in our sold Tesla stock.

When I had the septic system guy come out for a pump and state required inspection, I saw that the tank was filled way beyond where the float should have cut the macerator pump on. So on top of the cost to pump and inspect it, I had to buy a new pump and float and pay labor. Had it been another week it would have overflowed. So rather than queer the deal it worked out great, albeit a small extra expense of a few hundred dollars. I'd hate to get a nice new to us house only to find the septic overflowed right after I bought it so I am fine with taking care of it. They are a really nice couple close to my age and I'd hate to be the cause of a panic when I know the system well and the right folks to deal with it for me. I can look myself in the mirror so far in this life without excuse, I like it that way.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998