Winegard Connect

• 3 months later...

Just to add on to this topic, if I may, I just ordered a Connect 2.0 but I'm thinking I may return it and go with the ToGo unit instead.  My phones are T mobile so having an AT&T hot spot for 360.00 a year seems like a bargain? If I could find a data only sim compatible with the Connect at close to the same price, I'll keep the Connect but I believe as of now only AT&T/Verizon are the only ones that will work with the Connect?

Help???

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, frankgibbons said:

At the time this manual is written, the ConnecT 2.0 will work with the Winegard Data Plan, AT&T® and Verizon® Wireless*. Consult your carrier to receive the correct SIM card (Mini/Standard SIM).

But it is my understanding that the AT&T data plan offered with the ToGo is not offered for the Connect2. So, if you are going with AT&T then buy the ToGo and get the better plan. I"ve been real pleased with my ToGo so far. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

On 11/22/2019 at 11:44 PM, Big5er said:

But it is my understanding that the AT&T data plan offered with the ToGo is not offered for the Connect2. So, if you are going with AT&T then buy the ToGo and get the better plan. I"ve been real pleased with my ToGo so far. 

What did you do to get the sim activated? I'm having a heck of a time getting ATT to figure out what I have and do something. It would help if I could understand what the people were saying, since I always seem to get an off-shore person when I call. I have the TOGO.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

2 hours ago, Jack Mayer said:

What did you do to get the sim activated? I'm having a heck of a time getting ATT to figure out what I have and do something. It would help if I could understand what the people were saying, since I always seem to get an off-shore person when I call. I have the TOGO.

Jack, the strange thing was that I needed wifi internet access to connect the ToGo to, so I could go through it to access AT&T to activate the sim card....and it won't connect through my Verizon jetpack. Luckily there was an unlocked wifi in the area so I connected my tablet (using the Winegard Connect app) to the Togo (tunred off it's own internet access and logged into the ToGo network), selected "wifi" and logged into the unknown and unlocked wifi and went through the app to "purchase data" to get to AT&T. Once I purchased the plan, I had to go back into the app and change the ToGo from wifi to 4g.
I contacted the Winegard support desk and they were very helpful....or you can call me.

Edited by Big5er

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Howdy!

I would like to now how the ToGo is working out. I know Jack mentioned he had the AT&T Homebase unit before which I have. AT&T homebase is not unlimited data so I would consider getting this new ToGo if it is improved over that and the unlimited data would be a nice addition. Especially if I could get a Blackfriday deal on a ToGo.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon

Edited by chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

10 hours ago, Jack Mayer said:

Jack, I assume that you have given AT&T the IMEI number of the device? That should be all they need to identify it.  Are they claiming the IMEI isn't on their list of approved devices?  Alternatively, can you put the SIM into your AT&T Wireless Home Internet (ZTE MF279) or is it locked to the TOGO device?

Joel

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• 1 year later...

Realize this is an old thread, but have many folks used the Winegard Connect2  with other wireless providers than the Winegard plan?  We use our Grand Design 18RBE travel trailer for up to 3 months at a time, and then not at all for months. My wife teaches remotely so we need decent internet for a few months at at time, The on again, off again plan that Winegard offers has been a good overall value for us because we turn it off when not traveling. The last time we used it cost $50 for one month and you got 35 gig. You can buy more gig at any time at a slightly reduced rate. 

We've found that the Winegard plan is faster and more reliable than the hotspots off our Spectrum/Verizon system phones or any campground wifi.  We try to use the Campground Wifi first, then the phone hotspots before we turn on the Connect2. Usually the campground's system is barely good enough for email, the 2 phone hotspots run out of data or don't get a good signal, and we end up  on the Connect2.

So, assuming we get good phone 4g, we get about a week off the phones  before we have to live on the Winegard for the rest of the month. I can recall only once that we've been happy with campground wifi. It was the middle of winter, and we were the only ones there.   

Edited by Dadeoman
grammar