I'm a Lady looking for Ladies to boondock/road trip with.

UtahPam

I'm 60 year old happily married lady who still likes to travel but husband dose not.
I live in southern Utah.
I just bought a used Toyota Prius to boondock/road trip.
Are there any ladies out there in my area who would like to camp together.
I would like to start in my area until I get familiar with camping in my Prius.

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
  😀

Good luck, have fun.  That small a vehicle, your not pulling a camper but bringing along a tent?  Or you looking for someone with a camper to share with you?  It's none of my business, but maybe say what your looking for, share, you need/don't need a camper, etc?  Maybe give a little more info/wants/likes.  I know at 60, my wife could not have slept in a tent/sleeping bag.  Just my uniformed ideas, again, good luck and have fun!

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Perhaps that is something to share with the other person who has a basic interest in the idea.  Whatever deal they chose to make is between them.  My thoughts are that she was just looking for another female with a rig that didn't want to camp alone initially.  

3 minutes ago, Mr. Camper said:

Perhaps that is something to share with the other person who has a basic interest in the idea.  Whatever deal they chose to make is between them.  My thoughts are that she was just looking for another female with a rig that didn't want to camp alone initially.  

Seriously?  You get up on the wrong side of the bed this am?

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

If you're in a car and boondocking for a week what are you going to use for a bathroom?  Just something to think about. From reading other posts this seems to be a new adventure for you.  Hope you can find someone!!!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

4 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

If you're in a car and boondocking for a week what are you going to use for a bathroom?  Just something to think about. From reading other posts this seems to be a new adventure for you.  Hope you can find someone!!!

Good point for her.  We boon-docked in a pop-up dome tent many years.  You can get a camping stool, with a seat on it just for this use.  Throw up a tarp around it hanging from a tree and good to go.   Just dig down a hole in a ground with a shovel so you can cover it up.  Great for out in the sticks with no other campers.  They also make a *mini?* compost stool that would fit in a dome tent for privacy, but might smell a little.  We never tried one so can't say for sure on that one.

What she wants to do it quite do-able, just needs some fore-thought.  Not to irk one who got out of wrong side of bed again, it would be to her benefit to say what she is looking for in a camping partner (trainer).  Lots of single other ladies camping on their own she could hook up with for *camping training*, so to speak. 

*IF* she is looking for tent camping advice, she can ask for it and many, including myself can give suggestions on setting herself up equipment wise for a less stressful start.

UtahPam has said in one thread or another that she plans to camp inside her Prius. There are others doing this and she has watched videos of how to do it. So, when she says she's looking for other ladies to travel with, at least her first time out, I think she means what she says. She's set up to be self-sufficient but still a little nervous. If I was still out there in my van I would go meet her. Here's link I sent Pam about how one woman does it: https://www.cheaprvliving.com/other-conversions/living-prius/

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Seriously?  You get up on the wrong side of the bed this am?

I was trying to make a point that it's not any of anyone's business but the poster and the woman she finds that want to share the time.  Try not to be a jerk about it.  I wasn't attacking you, I was pointing out something you apparently just didn't think about.  I wasn't being negative but you thought it necessary to do so.  That is what's wrong with this forum.

Archived