Towing Chevy Equinox

Wizards&OZ

Been towing a 2012 AWD with the 4-cylinder since 2012.  We have encountered the death wobble a few times, but we know what to do to to get it to calm down.  We do use a fuse switch.  For us it tows great, I think better than the 2002 AWD CRV we had before.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

• 1 month later...

Have been towing a 2018 Equinox LT since Nov 18. To stop the "death Wobble" as I was told, was to leave all the fuses in as these vehicles have electric assist steering. When you make those hard turns, the steering doesn't help to bring it back to straight.

Of course, this means keeping the battery charged either by an on board charger like some of the brake assist people have or, as I have done, us a small solar battery charger suction cupped to the windshield. Works for me. No wobbles so far 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We bought a 2018 Equinox Premier in February. Wired it for towing; be sure and wire it to charge battery. Not necessary to pull fuses or disconnect battery as a result. Stick it in neutral, put it in accessory mode and hook up. Tows like a dream. Only thing I don't like about the car is that it locks automatically if the fob goes more than a couple feet away from the vehicle.