C-Pap

tsothermail

I  have had to support both a 12v and a 24v.

12V is pretty easy  obtain a car adapter and don't run the humidifier.

24v there are two ways. 1. Buy a 24v batter and  charge  it as you drive.

there is  a 12v to 24v adaptor for some models of C-PAPs. However with this it will draw quite a few amps. You'll also have to run without humidifier on battery or on adapter.

4 hours ago, tsothermail said:

Has anyone setup the use of a c-pap machine to work off the battery?  if so how did you do it?

Are you asking if anyone has routed wires from their bedroom to their RV's battery box or other RV 12v connection?  Or are you asking if anyone has a 12v battery in their bedroom to connect a cpap to? 

If the latter, there are 12v adapters available.  If the former, not that I've read on the forum, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done.

5 hours ago, tsothermail said:

Has anyone setup the use of a c-pap machine to work off the battery?  if so how did you do it?

My C-Pap requires 12v so I purchased a 12v to 12v adapter cable on line than a wire from the fuse panel to the bed area. For my present Fifth Wheel, I ordered a 12v outlet installed in the bed area. A direct DC connection is much more more efficient than having an invertor to supply 120 vac to the C-pap.

If your question is now finding the power requirements, start by looking at the spec's for the unit or talk to your supplier.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Archived