Extended Warranty for RV

Theres Geering

We are considering buying extended warranty insurance for our Motorhome, a Class A, 2015 Thor Tuscany.  The warranty is guaranteed and backed by PLATEAU CASUALTY INSURANCE COMPANY, Crossville TN. 

Has anyone had any experience with this company ? 

Thanks for your response

First, welcome to the Escapee forums! I am not familiar with that particular company but did find a rating of A- from AM Best on the internet. I suggest that you take the time to read this article on extended warranties from Escapees Magazine before you make your decision. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We didn’t purchase an extended warranty when we got our motorhome, but did set up a repair/maintenance fund equal to 10% of the purchase price.  And we set money aside each and every month so that when ( and it is when) we need to fix something the money is there.  For maintenance, we include 1/12 of all the costs yearly maintenance and things like tires, batteries, etc.  I always figure on setting aside the cost of one tire each year, so that when replace time comes (6-8 years) we have the money already set aside.  Same thing for batteries, tires for the car, battery for the car, anything that needs periodic replacement.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 3 months later...

Archived