ABS controller for 1997 WIA.

chief916

The Jackalopee wiring is very simple, so you might go ahead and check it before heading to the mechanics shop.  Who knows, it might be something as simple as a single strand of wire headed in the wrong direction.  At the very least check EVERY connection to be sure they're crimped properly.  I had a ground wire that didn't crimp properly that caused me no end of grief. (Expensive crimp tool, cheap connectors)

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On 5/18/2018 at 5:33 PM, chief916 said:

Yes sir....I do check the trolley brake.  A thought here...when I bought the rig the jackalope was already installed.   Thinking maybe something might have got crossed when the person wired it up.  I'm 3rd owner...I think....and I don't know all the history on what's been done.  Gonna take it in Monday and let Detroit figure it out.  More to follow.  Will keep you all posted.

Well.... Results are in.  The Detroit Bubba's diagnosed a bad ECM and a leaking fuel pump...of which I had no clue.  I had them replace both.  Now the cruise works and it makes the trip home so much more enjoyable.  Thank you all for your advice and guidance...it sure gave me a lot of encouragement.  I was so taken with having a cruise control... which didn't work when I bought the truck 3 yrs. Ago that when I got home I spent the rest of the day washing and detailing the truck.  Y'all have a great memorial day weekend.  Stay safe.

Ben

Awesome.  I must say I love the cruise control, especially in the mountains in conjunction with the first level of the Jake brake.

Keeps everything steady and in check, I just need to steer:)

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Archived