RV parks

gayle b

Looking for suggestions on favorite RV places. We have been checking all our travel apps, but the reviews do not seem to be updated. We will be leaving the middle of June taking interstate 40 from AZ through NM, TX, OK etc and on to Vermont. We are not at all familiar with that part of the country. 

If anyone has stayed along that route, any recommendations would be appreciated. Word of mouth seems more reliable than these reviews. Wondering also how does one determine what areas of town are somewhat safer than others? I want to travel smart not paranoid. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, gayle b said:

Looking for suggestions on favorite RV places. We have been checking all our travel apps, but the reviews do not seem to be updated. We will be leaving the middle of June taking interstate 40 from AZ through NM, TX, OK etc and on to Vermont. We are not at all familiar with that part of the country. 

If anyone has stayed along that route, any recommendations would be appreciated. Word of mouth seems more reliable than these reviews. Wondering also how does one determine what areas of town are somewhat safer than others? I want to travel smart not paranoid. Thanks in advance.

37 minutes ago, gayle b said:

We will be staying st several locations. Usually limit the driving to 350 miles per travel day. 

Are you saying you plan on driving around 350 miles, spend the night, drive another 350 spend the night, etc?   When we do that we usually stay at Walmarts in smaller towns, i.e. towns around 20,000-50,000 populations.  If we stay in RV Parks we just use  RVParkReviews and gab a park with decent reviews.  

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

• 3 months later...

We had to find a park near Austin on short notice and ended up at Bastrop Lake's South Shore Park, double check the name.  We liked it a lot.  It was a 25 foot trailer back in with water and electric site.

Jim Hogg park and Cedar Breaks in Georgetown were acceptable and probably closer to the main roads.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

We had to find a park near Austin on short notice and ended up at Bastrop Lake's South Shore Park, double check the name.

Welcome to the Escapee forums and also to the Escapee's RV Club. We are happy that you have joined us.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We occasionally stay at a Walmart, but usually at a campground  We do use Passport America ( $44 yr to join) as much as possible when traveling for their 50% discount parks.  We also like Corp of Engineer Parks which is 1/2 off with their pass.  If we are stopping for just the night, the campground doesn't have to be anything special.  just in a safe area.

Pat DeJong

Depending where in AZ you are leaving from, in Deming NM along I-10 is an Escapees park called Dreamcatcher. It is not along I-40 but you can take I-25 up to I-40 after Deming.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Archived