Verion Jetpack problem or ??

I Have a been a Verizon wireless customer 5-6 years and on second Hotspot. My problem now is the unit use to give my combined data useage but now Data useage is unavailable. Anybody seeing this problem.

When it first happened I looked for software update. There was none recently so forced an update and no change. It seems like VERIZON (even before wireless) up to the old tricks and give you something and take it away silently later.

I can force a date useage but get data used til Feb 28. This billing period reported my data useage had been about 50% of past expected useage or what I would have expected before Windows 10 came along.

I hate to drive blind , if in my vehicle the speedometer quits a person can drive by the tach. But with Verizon I'm using data in the blind

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

They pulled the same cute stunt on me...SOOOOoo guess what they no longer furnish my internet. My Mobley does just peachy keen fine :)

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Clay, are you asking about the data usage on the main screen of the jetpack?  Mine shows I have not used much.  0.09 GB/Unlimited     Are you missing that or something else?     

I guess I need to plug it directly into a loptop and power down the 25 GB today.. don't want to leave any money on the table.. B)   -Bill

2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QDP
Freightliner XCR, 400 hp Cummins
Toad 2014 Chevy Equinox (DWM)
Blog: http://cowlesmountain.com/Travels/

S&B San Diego

I can log on to the Jetpack admin page and data usage is there as well as on the jetpack screen.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

This Jackpack is one of the Netgear Air Card so when you mention Admin page, I have a date useage page which give the acct useage and the device useage. Both numbers reflect the Feb 28 useage. Signing on to Verizon Wireless gives more realistic number.

I have pulled the battery on the Jetpack and no change, if date useage is shown it will the Feb 28 data or about half my useage period.

SO as dsimpson stated above " Looks like it's time for a trip to the local Verizon Store." sometime as failure may be coming

Thanks to all

Clay

I agree with dsimpson, go to a Verizon store.  A real Verizon store, not an authorized reseller.  When my mother-in-law's Jetpack had the same problem it was fixed by a trip to a Verizon store.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I just checked my 2 jetpacks, 6620 and 7730 and both show current data used, but it is total usage for my account which includes my smartphone, not the individual usage per jetpack.  The My Verizon smartphone app shows individual device usage as well as the total for all 3 and it is current almost to the minute data is used.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

Good news. I can't explain it but everything started working a usual. The surprise is my useage in more comparable to before Windows 10 or about half my useage of the last year or so. Same useage pattern but the communication speed has been much better so less data packets send due to errors?

Clay, Happier after a week

I have never even tried to look at my usage by messing with the small screen on the MiFi.  I simply bring up the app on my phone and it breaks down each line plus the MiFi for usage and everything else.

I keep the updates shut off on our Windows10.  Last month in a 2 day period there were two updates that chewed through 11gigs for Windows10.  Verizon was nice enough to grant me a data boost to get us through.  Now we go someplace once a month and let our computers update, never on our Unlimited plan.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Win 10 allows you to set the Internet connection to Metered, preventing almost all MS updates from being downloaded.  Super important Security updates will still come down, but they are normally very small in size. 

2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QDP
Freightliner XCR, 400 hp Cummins
Toad 2014 Chevy Equinox (DWM)
Blog: http://cowlesmountain.com/Travels/

S&B San Diego

Archived