Hensley Hitch Jaw Problem Follow-Up

mysticmd

1 hour ago, mysticmd said:

UPS - overnight express was approx. $1500 one way, $1200 for two day delivery one way, and this was commercial address to commercial address which is supposed to run a bit cheaper (South Carolina to Hensley's zip).

But its OVERNITE.  Like the others have said, try regular freight shipping. R&L, Estes, ext

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Just to let all the contributors know I do send your comments on to my husband and/or we discuss at dinner table.  He's extremely busy with work right now and starting tomorrow, I imagine he'll be sleeping for a few days - before he gets back to our albatross in a wooden box.   And I'm like Charlie - I'm done with a company and their product when the customer service is so poor, but let's hope they come around and do the right thing after the next phone conversation.   Wishes for.....

Health, Peace, Contentment and Happy Trails to All Escapees in our New Year,     Regards,   Mary

I know folks here have mentioned a freight forwarder. That’s not UPS. 

Checkout XPO logistics (bought Conway Freight)  

I used them twice at a reasonable rate. They had drop off and pickup locations all over USA. 

In fact Hensley shipped a full hitch to me by Conway  my cost was $100  

Hope this may work for you  

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

6 hours ago, rdickinson said:

I've been dealing with Hensley for over a decade so I've fired off an e-mail to Aaron Greyheck outlining my dissatisfaction with the way things are being handled.

Don't know if it will have any effect, but we'll see.

R

Roger, not to cause any ill will here but so far we have heard only 1 side of this story. Rather than " firing off an e-mail to Aaron Greyheck outlining your dissatisfaction" you might want to ask their version?

Also, I just checked shipping prices from Houston to Hensley for 100 lbs on a standard pallet that is 15 inches high. Here is what I got. Nowhere near the prices I have seen posted in this thread.

shipping.jpg

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

According to AAron, there is no other version as he is the only person dealing with these types of things.  I know he has been the only person I have ever dealt with.

I PM'd the OP.  She has responded. 1 0r 200 bucks is not bad...1k$ is outlandish.  I'd like to see this resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Let's see what happens.

I may be in Baton Rouge for a week or 2 over the next couple of months.  A little too far to drop in and buy you lunch as it's my turn.

R

If I may make a suggestion.

Cut your loses and buy a new hitch. No use in spending shipping and possible repair money on a hitch that in reality you will never fully trust again.

Last summer I bought a new Curt 20K hitch for about $ 550 and it is sounding like your getting close to this now.

I know , I know set down and shut up:D

Archived