Not HDT topic (Looking for paint suggestions in Conn. area)

Brad & Jacolyn

We are planning to visit friends in Connecticut next year and since we will have a place to stay that would be a good time to get the new paint job that the wife wants on the Hitchhiker. We have not even started to look for places yet. Does anyone have any suggestions or first hand experience with any places that paint 5th wheels in that general area? It does not actually have to be Conn. itself there are other states close to there. And help would be appreciated.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

If you want it done right, there are places in FL, CA & IN. We are currently having our rig painted at Precision Painting in Bremen IN. Not close to Conn, but not close to Baltimore where we are and it we felt it was worth the trip. We're not talking MAACO here, quality or price. If you want to discuss, PM me. I did a lot of homework before choosing them.

www.precisionpaintingrv.com

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Connecticut might be the most expensive location in the country for something as labor intensive as a paint job. The entire New England area would probably be as bad. Find a good shop somewhere, drop the trailer and bobtail up to your hiding place in CT.

You will enjoy bobtailing up there. I do it and my brain has turned to mush.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

LOTS of good shops in the Elkhart, IN area. Stuff like painting is their bread & butter and, you could expect GREAT results. I'd second Jeff's recommendation that you drop the trailer off and either bob tail or make other travel arrangements. Elkhart to CT is ~ 900 miles. Easily done in two days (each way). ProCustomInc in Elkhart was offering ~ 10% off labor for work done in January & February. Other shops might have similar offers just to keep theri crews busy.

I flew out & checked out the big 4 in Elkhart area. Millenium, Carrera and Precision are all owned by Patrick Industries. I felt the level of interest at ProCustoms was lacking, they never responded with a quote after I showed them a BUNCH of pics. Mike's does mostly assembly line stuff from mfr's, again no response after a visit. If you can't reply with a quote ballpark or at least show some interest after I come out in person from Baltimore, shame on you. Precision has been excellent to work with, coming in on budget and the extra small things they did were really appreciated.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

I flew out & checked out the big 4 in Elkhart area. Millenium, Carrera and Precision are all owned by Patrick Industries. I felt the level of interest at ProCustoms was lacking, they never responded with a quote after I showed them a BUNCH of pics. Mike's does mostly assembly line stuff from mfr's, again no response after a visit. If you can't reply with a quote ballpark or at least show some interest after I come out in person from Baltimore, shame on you. Precision has been excellent to work with, coming in on budget and the extra small things they did were really appreciated.

How soon they forget the unemployment line

Archived