Acme Tow Dolly & 2014 Honda Odyssey

Ski

I have decided on buying an Acme Tow Dolly. One of the reasons was due to its light weight. Unloaded, one person can move it around rather easily. In talking with the folks at Honda and Acme, it looks like the only way I can use it is with the ignition switch in the accessory postion. This will unlock the steering wheel. My concern is the life of the battery. I don't want to arrive at my destination with a dead battery.

I asked the folks at Honda if after placing the ignition switch in the accessory postion, could I pull the ignition switch fuse or disconnect the battery, would the steering wheel remain unlocked? He said no. The steering wheel would lock with out power.

Looking for suggestions on a fix for this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Al

I ran a hot wire from the motorhome to the battery on the toad.....it is included in the harness that I use to power the braking system and lights. In my opinion solar would not always be reliable.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

• 4 weeks later...

We have towed a Toyota Sienna on an Acme dolly for 2.5 years, roughly 30K miles. The only time we have had a dead battery was when we forgot to turn the ignition off when we stayed at a Walmart and didn't unload the car. If we remember to do that, the car battery easily lasts two days of towing.

Cheers,

Bob

We have towed a Toyota Sienna on an Acme dolly for 2.5 years, roughly 30K miles. The only time we have had a dead battery was when we forgot to turn the ignition off when we stayed at a Walmart and didn't unload the car. If we remember to do that, the car battery easily lasts two days of towing.

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I ran a hot wire from the motorhome to the battery on the toad.....it is included in the harness that I use to power the braking system and lights. In my opinion solar would not always be reliable.

This ^^^^^. Use heavy enough wire and fuse it by the toad's battery. The motorhome's alt will keep the battery charged.

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Archived