Tire pressure monitors

dan412

Has anyone tried FOBO Ultra Tire pressure monitors. They are Bluetooth and work with your smart phone and they have drop and hook feature for multiple trailers.

Sounds kind of fancy, the thing says you can monitor up to 20 vehicles using the bluetooth app on your phone. I don't need to monitor but 1. And the ability to hook up to a different trailer sounds neat too, but again, I only have one. It's got a lot of cool gadgets for fleets, but I am not a fleet. The base unit is pricey and won't do tires with more than 87 psi. For the upper unit, they require you to "get a quote"...Hmm, that's scary.

There are several good TPMS units out there. I don't know if they are any cheaper since I haven't priced one in years but I prefer the KISS method. Simple is good. The only time I need to know what my tires air pressure is, is when I am in the truck. Bluetooth capability is sort of unnecessary since the FOBO has an in the vehicle monitor also. Why pay for a fleet item that I would never use.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I gotta go with Phil on this one, Nice for fleets BUT.....

Also, you need to think about the Data it uses. say during an 8 hour day on the road, monitoring 12 tires, how much is it rally going to use? Remember that you're on Verizon, Sprint or Att plan to use that phone. What happens if you don't turn it off at the end of the day? Does it continue to use data? The 87psi monitors wouldn't work for most RV's either.

BUT again, If I had a business with a bunch of yahoo's driving my vans or trucks around, then it would be a great idea.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Jim,

Bluetooth per se doesn't use data but a Bluetooth app may access data.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Jim,

Bluetooth per se doesn't use data but a Bluetooth app may access data.

I will second that. The only way you would use "data" would be to transmit the tire pressures back to your command bunker buried in the side of a mountain in Wyoming....lol

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived