Need Help Finding a Hendrickson Airtek Part

SuiteSuccess

Need to find a Hendrickson height control valve part #59935 017 for 12.5k Airtek suspension. Volvo wants to substitute Hadley 85113660 (Volvo part #) which has rubber ends, new bracket, and very prone to breaking and I would prefer not to use. Have googled til my eyes cross and no luck. Tried Class8Trucks, Freightliner, KW, Pete dealers, Amazon, and eBay with no luck. Any help?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Where did you get this part number......"Hendricksen height control valve part #59935 017"?

All of the Hendricksen manuals I have call out 59428-004 for the leveling valve control rod on

Volvos for years 2005-2011

I've had the 85113660 and the 85113661 on my truck for the better part of 4 years and 40K miles

with no ​separation issues. The leveling valve seems to go bad first.

I bet you have the same style of "rear height leveling rod" on you truck unless you have upgraded

to the newer style without the rubber ends.

So was the valve leaking in addition to the air bag?

How does part #7 look here: http://www.macpek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Euclid-suspension.pdf

Actually there are several height control valves that start with 59935 but the last three do not agree. There is even on listed for an Airtek

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Where did you get this part number......"Hendricksen height control valve part #59935 017"?

All of the Hendricksen manuals I have call out 59428-004 for the leveling valve control rod on

Volvos for years 2005-2011

I've had the 85113660 and the 85113661 on my truck for the better part of 4 years and 40K miles

with no ​separation issues. The leveling valve seems to go bad first.

I bet you have the same style of "rear height leveling rod" on you truck unless you have upgraded

to the newer style without the rubber ends.

I pulled off my air spring and height control valve from truck today. The part number on the valve was 59935 006 which has been updated to 59935 017 which I confirmed with Hendrickson today. Of note turns out my air spring is not leaking as I originally thought. Soaped it, used the Whisper, even inflated and dunked in tub of water and no observable leaks.

Look at this link, scroll down to Volvo AirTek and look at #20 and that is what my valve looks like. Trouble is Stengel has none in stock. Will post a pic in a bit.

http://www.stengelbros.com/suspension-and-steering-parts/suspension-parts/volvo/

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

How does part #7 look here: http://www.macpek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Euclid-suspension.pdf

Actually there are several height control valves that start with 59935 but the last three do not agree. There is even on listed for an Airtek

On page 74 & 75 it shows my valve and numbers for #17. Will try to contact them. Thanks for the lead.

Looks like it's special order.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Hadley valve vs Hendrickson. Mr. Seas I'm looking for the whole valve not the rod, like in pic #2. My rod is ok.

post-12270-0-41026000-1479170681_thumb.jpeg

post-12270-0-12283200-1479170703_thumb.jpeg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

You can order the Volvo # 85113660 and just use the valve........

Did you check the valve on the other side as well?

I did. It's fine. Thanks for the help. That will make it easier cause I already have an 85113660 in my "spares" box?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Thanks Scrap.

On edit: tried KW, Pete, Freightliner, Truckpro and all my online sources with none available. Do you have a source I can contact that might stock it? Gonna try my Volvo part today to see if it will work, but would like backup.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Along these same lines, has anyone found a source for replacement bushings for the Airtek front leaf, where the bolt retains the leaf spring?

The Volvo dealer said they could not get the bushing seperatly.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

What is is made of? I believe I have a big chunk of brass and maybe even some oil-impregnated-brass. Can you get the specs?

Chet

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Ok no go on replacement Hendrickson valve but did use the Volvo 85113660 and it fit as Mr. Seas suggested. Any wisdom on how to adjust the ride height on this valve? The control rod is fixed height. Using the supplied bracket required to mount this valve the arm angles upward approximately 20 degrees and is not horizontal. Where the arm bolts on to the valve it is notched in 90 degree intervals so doesn't seem adjustable there. The height from bottom to top of the bag should be about 7 7/8" +/- 1/8" I believe. (Have exact height somewhere).

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

PN # 55521Q163 is a real common Barksdale used on every truck in the past few years. They've got to be able to get it or at least be able to ship it out of a PDC as fast as you want to pay for. As for one being on the shelf I'd guess Rush in Nashville would probably be the best bet to start.

PN # 55521Q163 is a real common Barksdale used on every truck in the past few years. They've got to be able to get it or at least be able to ship it out of a PDC as fast as you want to pay for. As for one being on the shelf I'd guess Rush in Nashville would probably be the best bet to start.

Thanks Scrap. Found one cheap on eBay from dealer. Ordered for a backup.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Along these same lines, has anyone found a source for replacement bushings for the Airtek front leaf, where the bolt retains the leaf spring?

When I needed to replace my bushing it was cheaper and easier to replace the whole spring.

Call Hendricksen directly to get info on the bushing and see if it's still available.

Yea, look at page 10 at this link. Looks like the bushing is integral to spring. They don't even list separate part number.

http://www.hendrickson-intl.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=bf102b4c-625a-4906-9ee3-8dcee997645a

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Thanks for the info guys, I had seen that they don't actually list the bushing as a separate item, but thought it would be worth asking in case someone had already dealt with the issue and broke the code.

I am not the one needing the bushing, I was actually asking for the owner of the white and gray 780 which atv_idiot had posted about recently, showing the nice paint job and bed build. He is dealing with replacing multiple front end parts, to include the spring bushings.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived