DRV Mobile Suites-Beware Buying New

Larry&Donna-AK

What we all need to realize is these trailers basically go through a earthquake every time we move them. And like Jack said they don't make one that there is not going to have a few problems with. As for the DRV I think there quality has went down in the past few years. I ordered a new 43'  in 2013 and when it came in it was a beautiful coach and we was really pleased. After we started traveling with it things started falling apart mainly cabinets and woodwork. It got to a point that every time we stopped I would take a screw gun it to put things back. Anyway we sold it and bought a new Horizons and it has a few troubles also but not as many as the DRV. Just my experience. 

I second Kansas RV Center in Chanute , KS.  This is the plant that had built the NuWa hitchHiker line and most of the same workers.  Mike Mitchell, the CEO is a stand up guy and his shop foreman Daryl Dennis is a superb RV man.  When our HH Champagne needs any repair work, we make a side trip through Chanute to get the work done right.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 2 weeks later...

all this bad talk, makes me want to hang on to my 2001 sunny brook.

sure only a 25 footer. 

but i can say i did not  have " growing" pains.

sure some plastic parts just desolved. ( common problem with some plastics).

yes a seal on the throne couple years back and now a broken tub (cracked).

some trim again just desolving.

but no big problems.  ( knocking on wood).

just plastic parts easy to replace.

Archived