Touch up paint

Stan Wright

This is where I got mine. Also O'Reillys can mix it with your number in some locations.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Many NAPA stores sell DuPont paints. Those that do can match the paint code. Or go to any body shop that uses/advertises PPG brand paints. They can mix to the exact color tint of a 1998 Volvo red that has been in the southern sun.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Many of Volvo's fleet colors are the same as General Motors paint colors. You can find the more popular GM colors in DupliColor Lacquer spray cans at auto parts stores like Auto Zone. Unfortunately, Volvo product codes do not cross reference to the GM code. I can make no promises on the green metallic, but the white on my truck is an exact match to one of the GM whites in a DupliColor rattle can (if anyone should need that product code let me know). Also, you "might" find a green match for your truck in one of the touch-up paint bottles in the GM line if noting is available in a spray can.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

I went to a body shop to find touch up for our Freightliner M2. They used a gun to read the paint (just like the hardware stores use to match house paint) and mixed up a pint for $20 that matches the paint perfectly.

Some NAPA stores can do the same . I don't know at what price .

Goes around , comes around .

• 2 weeks later...

Many NAPA stores sell DuPont paints. Those that do can match the paint code. Or go to any body shop that uses/advertises PPG brand paints. They can mix to the exact color tint of a 1998 Volvo red that has been in the southern sun.

Some NAPA stores can do the same . I don't know at what price .

NAPA ended up being able to get me some paint when no one else could...even Sherwin Williams who made the factory paint. I brought in a fairing bracket so they could check it against their paint samples. While looking through their paint samples they actually found some Volvo VNL specific samples and were able to match my paint perfectly. They made a can of spray paint and put the rest in a can that I could use as touchup paint. $17.

• 2 months later...

Many of Volvo's fleet colors are the same as General Motors paint colors. You can find the more popular GM colors in DupliColor Lacquer spray cans at auto parts stores like Auto Zone. Unfortunately, Volvo product codes do not cross reference to the GM code. I can make no promises on the green metallic, but the white on my truck is an exact match to one of the GM whites in a DupliColor rattle can (if anyone should need that product code let me know). Also, you "might" find a green match for your truck in one of the touch-up paint bottles in the GM line if noting is available in a spray can.

Please do share the product code. I cannot find touch up paint for my 2004 630's "White Pearl Metallic P3739" anywhere online. I will visit Autozone this weekend.

2004 Volvo 630, Cummins ISX, Eaton 10 speed (air assist clutch), 3.71 3.07 rear locker, ET jr, 200" WB, GearMaster

2017 Forest River Sierra 372LOK

Full time June 2017

DW, 2 kids, and 2 dogs

Archived