DP floor plan that is like 5th wheel for kitchen and TV viewing

mrrrl2

Hi,

We are looking at some options. We are currently looking at either HDT/5TH Wheel to be able to load a Smart car and HD motorcycle or a used DP towing an enclosed cargo trailer to haul car/motorcycle.

There are two areas we like about 5th wheel floor plans, kitchen counter space and storage and TV viewing arrangements where there are two recliner directly across from a large screen TV. Most DP we see you have to sit on couches and turn toward a TV usually above the driver/passenger area not great for TV viewing.

So my question is does anyone know of a DP model that is more like a 5th wheel floor plan?

Also who here is towing a large cargo trailer behind a DP with a car, motorcycle, etc and how well does that work for you?

Thanks

If you tow a trailer with the DP then in many case you will need to unhitch the trailer, take out the car, and then use the car to park the trailer in an overflow lot of some kind. I wonder if this negates any benefit that a DP would provide in the scenario described above?

I think most newer model motorhomes will have seating across from the television. Here are the Newmar Dutch Star floorplans. Newmar will do a lot of custom work if it doesn't involve structural changes.

http://www.newmarcorp.com/motor-coaches/diesel/dutch-star/floorplan-options/

Here are Tiffin's Zepher model floorplans:

http://tiffinmotorhomes.com/zephyr

You'll have to research each model for the different floorplans.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Thanks everyone, we are looking for used not new so that limits the search. I am willing to modify, in some cases removing the second couch and building desk/media center and replacing the existing couch with media seating, so that's an option. So maybe finding the best kitchen layout and then modifying the TV/media viewing area.

Anyone tried this?

Thanks

On my former RV, a 40' Diesel Pusher (DP) I removed and stored the sofa in a slide out and put in recliners. In my current RV, a 29' Winnebago gas, I have done the same thing. I am able to angle the recliners toward the TV in the front of the MH.

Not a perfect solution, but we don't have to twist our necks very far to have a good view of the TV.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

My neighbor had 2 sofas across from each other in his motorhome. He didnt like it. I suggested that he remove the sofa on the passenger side and described a cabinet with a fireplace and a motorized tv coming up out of the cabinet from behinf the fireplace when parked. He liked the idea and had one built last year. I saw it completed this summer and it looks great. He is very happy with it. The sofa across from the tv could be changed out to 2 recliners if desired.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I went from a DP pulling a 16' enclosed trailer to a 5th wheel toyhauler. I liked the ability to park the 2 motorcycles in the trailer,safe and secure overnight. In 6 years i never had to disconect in order to park elsewhere, just made sure the park had a 60' pullthru site. I now miss the "garage parking" with the enclosed trailer and now have to cover the bikes and lock them for piece of mind but i sure enjoy the back "deck" that the toyhauler's ramp turns into.

The main reason for switching to the 5th was to have a vehicle to get groceries during inclement weather cause it has been a few years since i enjoyed rideing in the rain! I also enjoy watching TV without a crick in my neck!

But remember it it is always "not what u need but what u want"

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

Archived