Comparing 730 vs 780 space/livability/Pros and Cons/your opinion

mrrrl2

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not familiar with LineX, but I soon will be.

I use it quite a bit and have always been happy with it. It isn't cheap, but can provide a high durability coating. In your case, a red color match might be just what you need. See the front bumper below, which was originally chrome (not my photo).

DSC05630.jpg

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

That's a good looking matte finish. The red won't match my deep orange, but a contrasting color would be interesting, even just black. The opposite side of the color wheel is blue/green - teal, but if I used teal I'd have to go the full distance with curtains, mirrors and the other essential decorations that trucks are given in India.

I will be happy to give the removed faring to anyone who wants to disguise their 730 as a 780, maybe for Halloween.

John McLaughlin

2010 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, singled and decked

2014 Lifestyle 38' Fifth Wheel

• 3 weeks later...

We chose the 730 over the 780 because I didn't want to be over 13' as a daily driver. Travelling through some smaller towns to a friends house, we scraped low hanging wires at 11'2! Also we encounter low branches boondocking similar to Jemstone. The bunk is not an issue for us due to always being in the up position, may even remove it. If you haven't purchased yet, Phil at Denver Volvo has some interesting trucks. We picked up a 2015 with 460k mi on it. Most truckers

desire low miles but since RV'ers put relatively low miles on, it was a good fit for us. They went through the truck inside and out and provided a dyno test for our peace of mind.

Circ & Cindi Toepel

2015 Volvo 730 Niki (for our daughter who didn't make it)

Cougar SRX with side ramp access to garage

Coming soon....42' Forks Continental

And I am just the opposite of Circ. The smart car is the daily driver and the 780 isn't that much taller than the trailer. If I can't get the truck in there, I couldn't have gotten the trailer there either. And I also love the work station.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived