Does Escapees have weight program near east coast?

j2catfish

I cannot make it back to God's Land before next year. I would like to have my rig weighed by each wheel but do not see a trip to Livingston until about March 2017. Is there a weight program site on the East coast, close to North Carolina? I am just curious now that I have changed to the 17.5" wheels and tires.

Thanks for any info!

Regards,Catfish

'08 Chebbie K3500; '07 Teton Sunrise Experience;
Native Texan/Transplanted Tarheel; Retired USMC

​LDO

I believe the only places for Smart Weigh are Bushnell, Florida, Sumter Oaks park; Livingston, TX and Congress AZ.

Most of the big truck fuel stations have weigh facilities and possibly a moving company near you. Good luck!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

There are mobile weighing people; like RVSEF (RV Safety Education Foundation), RV-Dreams, Weight To Go, Weight It Portable RV Scales, and RV Weigh, Check with them to see if they will be an area convenient to you.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Check out the rural-agricultural areas around you. There are bound to be places that have truck scales where you can weigh your rig by the tire. Just go with one side on the scale and the other off the scale. One tire at a time. You can DO IT!

Truck scales weigh by the axle or axle group and do not weigh by each wheel as the OP stated that he was looking for. Most of them are not set up for you to drive on with half of your trailer off to the side.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

A CAT scale weighing would still be a good hold over. Even more so if you have previous individual weights and you only changed the wheels and tires. It's unlikely that the side to side balance of things was affected. It's not a bad thing to have weights from different equipment to ensure the two are in agreement.

While individual wheel weighing is more difficult to get, weights by axle is a good first step. If you can find a truck scale that does not have a barrier along one side, you can then weigh first each axle, then by moving one side off of the scales, weigh again and with a bit of math you can easily determine each wheel pretty closely. If you do this, you also need to try and keep the side of the RV not on the scale as nearly level with the one being weighed as possible. I have done this at a moving company and also know of others who have done it at a gravel company or at a grain elevator.

In addition to the Escapees, The RVSEF organization also does weighing by wheel so check their schedule. There are also a few people who have scales and will weigh you as a supplemental income source in the RV community. Some of those who provide this service are:

Our RV Weighing Service Weigh It Portable Scales Weigh to Go LLC

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived