Freightliner M2 Tire Valve Extenders

ewacowboy

Tired of reaching between the wheels to check my air pressure on the rear duals. Anyone have any suggestions on a valve extension for the inner tires that won't fail in a few thousand miles?? The rims are solid aluminum and the center caps are one piece bolted on with the lug nuts.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

Do you currently have "Semi" style all metal valve stems? I say semi style to separate what a HDT 22.5 or 24.5 rim size type uses vs what a 19.5 may use. Our valve stems are all metal, no rubber anywhere except the O-ring that seals the hole in the rim. I have seen valve stems that are brass with the rubber grommet that seals the hole. These will leak with any side force applied to them.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Not on a Freightliner , but on our Monaco : 6 years ago I had a similar problem , as one of the braided extenders that had been on the rig for who knows how long took a walk to a wheel owned by someone else , not by my choice .

Anyway , I ordered a new set of braided extenders as a replacement and installed one in the 'open' location . Real dumb of me to think that those braided extenders would last . I'm still waiting for any of them to fail in any form . Sure I have to top off the pressures occasionally , but , from what I've read , that has to be done with any combination of valves and/or extenders .

And , those braided extenders have never flopped around at all , let alone all over the place .

Goes around , comes around .

I use the straight extenders. I had one fail over the winter storage last winter. From the look of it, it was probably original to the truck when purchased new.

I replaced my tires, etc this spring and put new extenders on. 6K miles so far and no issue.

Will add TMPS units when we head south.

. Arctic Fox 29-5T

. Beagle co-pilots - Faffy and Lulu

Any valve extenders need rubber or wire supports otherwise they can vibrate and leak or fracture. The link above for shiny RV sells the supports.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived