I did it.

lappir

I have pondered about it for a while. Have no specific info, no hard fast documents, nothing but my gut. It told me tonight was the night to go all in for an Elio. I have reserved a $7300 vehicle. Haven't received the spot in line number yet and that will change as I didn't put down the entire amount. I did the non refundable deposit and am counting on the vehicle actually being built. Unlike the one in the 50's that the name currently escapes me. Jeff Bridges was the actor in the movie about it. I can remember that name but important names I want to recall NOPE. Who else is all in and hasn't let any one know yet?

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Did some looking at this some time ago, sounds like they have a third payment on a old GM plant that they cant come up with. People are saying it will never make production. Hope I am wrong but that is why I back out. Good luck ( You should let Todd buy one first) LOL

You are thinking of the Tucker automobile, promoted and built by Preston Tucker in 1948 in a similar manner, which got him in trouble with the SEC. And the movie explores all the questionable conspiracy theories, most of which are good theatre, but totally false.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_48

My son has had a $1000 deposit on an Elio for at least 3 years now. His production number is in the first 1000 or so. But gasoline was $4.00 a gallon then and 84 mpg was a real selling point. If it would fit in my Work and Play toyhauler ( I have 13'8", the Elio is right at that length) I would consider one. But there again I was looking a getting one of these recently, a 1967 King Midget, so I am a little nuts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Midget

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Archived