Need advice on replacement tires

Dwain & Debbie

A lot of people make some mistakes when “plus sizing” up from their Original Equipment tires. The reference provided below provides the correct procedures for most all situations. Just use the one that applies to your situation.

It’s a 2006 document that was written to comply with the current tire industry rules changes of 2007. It follows all FMVSS regulations and, most important, all tire industry standards for replacing OE tires fitted by manufacturers building vehicles in accordance with FMVSS regulations.

p.s. FMCSA regulations do not apply to tire fitments - any design - for RV trailers.

38' fiver - Dodge Dually

AKA: FastEagle

USN Retired - DOD Retired - SSA Retired

Task complete. New 17.5s all around with Goodyear G114s. Trailerandtire was great to work with. First trip this Saturday with a run through Atlanta. Looking forward to seeing how the new tires perform. Trip through Atlanta ... not so much.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/jerryneal/a44v61

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

i am going to replace my tires on my 11 drv 38 ft 5th.i now have goodyears 215 75r 17.5 load range H.

what are some recommends for replacements of these tires, they are 6 years old . should i go to an st type or stay with lt type?

jack what are they using on the big new Horizons?

Assuming your tires are GY G114's, I'd say you've got about as good as it gets. Assuming you're not using more than 75% of the available tire capacity, I'd stick with what you have. BTW, ST tires are all speed rated at 60 MPH ... maximum. The LT G114's that you already have are speed rated S (75 MPH).

2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF, 8K morRYDE IS, Disc brakes, 17.5" Hi Spec Aluminum Wheels w Goodyear G114 H rated tires

2016 F350 King Ranch DRW, 3.73, 4x4, Super Duty Crew Cab, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel.

26,760 CGVW

Assuming your tires are GY G114's, I'd say you've got about as good as it gets. Assuming you're not using more than 75% of the available tire capacity, I'd stick with what you have. BTW, ST tires are all speed rated at 60 MPH ... maximum. The LT G114's that you already have are speed rated S (75 MPH).

My trailer tires are rated for 75 mph...Continental

Rex & Karen

Libre y pobre en La Casa Rodante

My trailer tires are rated for 75 mph...Continental

Using them on a trailer doesn't make them trailer tires. Tires labeled as ST (special trailer tires) are speed rated at 60 mph by law. Many LT (light truck) tires are used on trailers. Most LT tires are speed rated "S" (75mph).

2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF, 8K morRYDE IS, Disc brakes, 17.5" Hi Spec Aluminum Wheels w Goodyear G114 H rated tires

2016 F350 King Ranch DRW, 3.73, 4x4, Super Duty Crew Cab, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel.

26,760 CGVW

Using them on a trailer doesn't make them trailer tires. Tires labeled as ST (special trailer tires) are speed rated at 60 mph by law. Many LT (light truck) tires are used on trailers. Most LT tires are speed rated "S" (75mph).

My tires (Continentals HTL2 Eco Plus) are specifically for trailers.

Rex & Karen

Libre y pobre en La Casa Rodante

• 1 month later...

bumping this as I am getting ready to get rims and tires. Was asking at local discount tire and the guy is an old OTR driver and he said, "no brainer, you should try Hercules, all I used to run on my Pete." 75mph speed rating, 12k lbs load per tire @ 125 psi, $195 each.

Here are the specs:

https://simpletire.com/hercules-235-75r17.5-59546-tires

46.pngHercules H-902 235/75R17.5

Size UTQG Max. Load Inflation Pressure Tread Depth Tire Weight Rim Width Range Sect. Width Tread Width Overall Diam 235/75R-17.5 N/A 12,621 lbs 125 psi 17/32nds 63 lbs 7" 9" N/A 31"

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Archived