HDT sighting on Hwy 131 in Colorado, July 6th.

mr. cob

Howdy All,

My wife and I were south bound on Hwy 131, about 20 miles north of where it intersects with I-70 when we came upon a north bound bright green HDT towing a mostly white RV trailer, the other driver waved as he passed, I called to him on the CB but got no answer. Sorry I didn't get the brand of truck or trailer we were both making the best time we could on a hilly-curvy road. Just wondering if the driver is a member here?

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

We live outside Yampa on 131. We were headed in to Steamboat Springs that morning and met you at the railroad bridge just out of Phippsburg. On our return trip home we met the same Green truck just getting to Oak Creek, CO.

Since we attended our first west coast HDT rally in June it was exciting to see two trucks on such a remote road on the same day. Hopefully the green truck will reply.

Travel safely and hope to meet you in Hutch

Is there a campground big enough for an HDT in the Steamboat area?

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Camping outside of Steamboat

Eagle Soaring RV Park

25250 W US Hwy 40

Steamboat Springs, CO

(970)-879-0164

Relatively new RV park. Started about ten years ago so the trees are just starting to be beneficial. Give them a call and see if they have space available when you would like to stay.

Camping outside of Steamboat

Eagle Soaring RV Park

25250 W US Hwy 40

Steamboat Springs, CO

(970)-879-0164

Relatively new RV park. Started about ten years ago so the trees are just starting to be beneficial. Give them a call and see if they have space available when you would like to stay.

Thanks!

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

Howdy All,

We have been spending the last five days in a great little RV camp ground just outside of Hotchkiss CO, its called the "Mountain Valley Meadows RV Park". Its located about a mile east of Hotchkiss on the north side of Hwy 133. I am in one of the few pull throughs, actually I am on the edge of the regular camp ground but it has a couple of large pull throughs that could handle our rigs, the back in sites are wide and would be easy to park trucks and trailers such as ours, $125.00 per week for water-power and sewer. VERY clean, mom and pop operation that I have way-pointed on my GPS and will use again if traveling through this area. No swimming pool, no cable, no noise, just very reasonably priced no frills camping which is all I need as I explore the surrounding area. We will be heading out Wednesday morning for parts yet undecided, the way I like to travel. Saw another HDT locally pulling a HUGE live in-horse trailer the other day, I am assuming a local rancher or Rodeo circuit rider.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Did anyone update the campground guide?

Howdy Darryl,

I didn't post the camp ground I am staying at as it lacks many of the things most people want in a camp ground, when I camp I just want a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced place to park, I don't need or use the frills.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Still, Mr. Cobb, would be nice to list in the guide if you have time. I just listed one in South Alabama like yours. No frills but nice for an overnight if needed if going to gulf coast.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We like no frills! Sounds like a perfect place to me

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

Howdy Darryl,

I didn't post the camp ground I am staying at as it lacks many of the things most people want in a camp ground, when I camp I just want a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced place to park, I don't need or use the frills.

Dave

They all count, my friend. Put in as much info as you can, including some pictures, and let the driver decide. Or the co-pilot, as is often the case..

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Howdy Darryl,

Dave

What it DOES have is great scenery and motorcycling roads nearby. Just the kind of place we like to use as a "base camp".

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived