water leak at pump

GlennWest

Where the metal tube hook up is at water pump the fitting is loose and leaking. This pipe goes to the expansion tank. It screws in and has a lock ring on it. Do I just tighten up or is there a gasket or sealant that goes there. It is rather loose. This is located directly behind alternator. Was checking out ABS module valves and water dripped on me and I found it. It is a Detroit.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Glenn,

Sounds like you're getting the hang of "Access"! Remember, the further you go the more you will know!

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Maybe throw a little Loctite 242 onto those nuts or bolts that shouldnt be needing to be serviced often or must not be allowed to loosen. I just replaced the shocks on my 4700LP and the rears were mounted in a modified manner, likely by Stalick. Original OEM shocks per the applications chart were incorrect, but thats what I ordered. One end had stud the other an eye. I needed 2 eyes. So, being a fabricator, I cut the eyes off the old shocks and welded to new one. Then noticed that mounting bolts for top of shocks had a broken bolt on 1 shock and a jerry rigged set up on the other. I made a proper spaces, because a 5" long bolt with the shock working on the end of it, just cries to be broken again. Doubt it will break again. All the bolted connections were treated to some 242 on final assembly. Dont think that shocks will be needing to be removed in the NEAR future. And if they do, 242 is service removable. GOOD STUFF.

Marcel

Glenn,

Sorry away for the weekend.

If you go to liturature on Access you should find it there.

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Archived