hood on Smartcar came off towing

GlennWest

On my 2013 my hood sorta just lays on car. Goes on "latch" ( bad description) and just lays on car. While towing to Escapees it blew off. Straps keep it from getting lost. side wind done it. This ever happen to anyone else. I bungy corded it. No damage.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

It doesn't just "lay there". The rear corners slide slide into a groove on each side and the front is held down with the latches. If yours is just "laying there" you are missing the rear slots.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Yes, Glenn. Look at the top of each side and you will see where the tabs fit into and under each corner of the window. You do have to make sure that the latch towards the lower middle area is closed. I even got to where I could simply grab both top corners and bow it together and slip it back into those top spots. I could do it from the ground, but I'm 6'2".

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Not had any issues with the hood cover on our 2011. The latches in the mesh grill are real tight.

I do remember Jim Hiicks had that issue I think a few years ago.

Maybe someone forced them open or didn't get them closed right at one time and the latches fail.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Archived