side camera mounting

GlennWest

Before I get jumped on again, I did search and found nothing about mounting them. My side cameras mount flush to Teton. Drill large hole for cable, mount with screws. Now I just don't believe any of you run your cables like that. I want to run outside Teton. Video cable comes out bottom. Do yall make a bracket something or did I get wrong cameras

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Sorry Glenn but when I added the rear camera to the back of the trailer, I had the cable fished all the way through the roof. And if I was mounting side cameras, I would run the wiring either inside the under storage or through the walls. Costs more but might as well do it right and it will look a whole lot better...of course, I only have the rear camera on my trailer. Maybe I will decide I want some side mount cameras on the next trailer.

I have side mount cameras on the truck for the blind spots but haven't really seen a need for them on the trailer when driving. For backing, since I am alone, I use the GOAL method... as many times as I need to. Not sure I could bring myself to trust a camera that much.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Sorry but my mistake I bought flush mount side cameras. I reached out for help and no one warned me against this. I was very green with cameras. Learning the hard way. How could one even run cable thru wall or thru roof. There are trusses and studs to contend with.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Fish tape through the roof. The advantage of a ducted A/C I guess. Heck, I was at work when they did most of the camera wiring. Came home and it was done. Cable goes in at the hitch and before they drilled the hole in the back it was hanging out the hole where the center ID lamp is. I asked the same question, "How'd ya do that?". The only answer was "fish tape, experience and bad language". I quit asking after that. I had an electric awning added to my trailer at the same time. The wiring for it is on the front end and they ran it through the wall and all the way back to the panel where all my slide controls are. I don't know how but the big white cable goes in from the outside and doesn't come out on the inside wall. That would be in the bedroom and I would notice :) I'm no expert, but it can be done. I just paid the bill.

EDIT: And if you bought from Steve (Leviathan), call him up and exchange them if flush mount isn't what you want. He is real easy to work with.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I drilled a hole thru the back cap and fished the wire down to the frame and ran it forward in the sub-basement. Our Carrilite has a full basement, then the frame area which has the regular trailer wiring running thru it, then the bottom panel. For the side camera's, I drilled the hole ....... bigger than I wanted to (it fit the plug), in the skirting area, as low as I could get them. 1 went under the LP door area, and the other under the battery door. Cables run thru the frame area as well. If and when we trade, the camera's stay with the trailer.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Your side cameras are low to what I thought most were doing. This work good? Mounted my rear camera high. ran cable in gutter. We have a large window in rear so I do not believe I could fish cable there. Considering painting cable white where it comes down from gutter. Run next to trim. Mounting camera low would be easy to run cable if it works good there. Would love to back up truck and hook it up and try but I would block whole driveway.

Side camera's I mounted low because I didn't want to drill and fish thru the box tube frame. They work for me. they show me the curb I'm about to run over or the idiot that is mesmerized by the truck pulling an RV.

Actually, I use them most for watching the blind side when backing into tight spots. I can see the passenger side of the RV on the camera, not just the view from the truck mirror.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Ours is run down the back from the top to the belly and then forward up to the pinbox. The side mounts are flush mounts that are run inside the side compartments to the center and then into the pinbox. There should be a way for you to do the same. As for warning you about this, every camera that I have seen mounted on a fiver was a flush mount and I am sure everyone else thought the same way.

Can you drill a hole hole and put a grommet in it to run your cable to get it across the tube?

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

I drilled hole in pin area belly about 10" from pin box. That was in front of tube steel. Short span of cable. Out of sight unless you bend down.Had to still cut cable. Pick up solder morrow.

Archived