App for teathing AT&T as a hotspot?

Howdy!

Does anyone know of a app that works to tether a ATT&T unlimited smartphone as a hotspot? I seem to remember years ago that there was a app that worked around it but can find the information if it works now with the new smartphones.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

What smartphone are you using?

Howdy!

Android looking at the new Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Howdy!

Does anyone know of a app that works to tether a ATT&T unlimited smartphone as a hotspot? I seem to remember years ago that there was a app that worked around it but can find the information if it works now with the new smartphones.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

We use PdaNet which is combined with foxfi now. Works in either blue-tooth mode or WIFI. We've used it both ways. uses a small client app on the PC's for either blue tooth or WIFI depending on the phone, also have used the pdanet - tablet version for andrioid which is some what limited . If using it without a tethering plan you will probably be forced to use blue-tooth mode. Works fine though.

Dave

Dave,

How long have you been running this way? We stopped using this on Verizon when they started to ask questions of others. And best of my knowledge, ATT&T has always been tough June Fabric PdaNet users - quickly asking 'What's up?' of those that use this for tethering/hotspots.

Of course, that is all second hand info. And once we were again allowed to add Hotspot to Verizon, I just did this as our primary cell data feed while on the road. (For the longest time, they would not allow me to activate Hotspot without losing our Unlimited Data. About a 16-18 months ago, they said I could, so I did:)!) Would be great if we could get my wife's iPhone ATT&T Unlimited Data available to us too.

TIA,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Odd.. I thought "all" smartphones had built-in hotspots.

With plans without hotspotting included, the carriers put in hooks to charge you more or disable your account if you use the built-in hotspots.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

My old Samsung Galaxy Express didn't! I purchased a Kyocera Hydra View $59.95 + $25.00 Activation; waived if new subscriber; The $70.00 plan is 10 GB of 4GLTE; then unlimited 3G. It is under Cricket which uses AT&T coverage area. Had no internet service provider in our rural area! WIFI is the way to go! :lol::lol:

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

The consistent answer we get with ATT&T when we periodically check to see if we can activate Hotspot on the iPhone, is 'yes'. BUT, this would be a change of service to the plan that would trigger the loss of the Grandfathered Unlimited Data. Pretty consistent over the years. For a period of time, we used June Networks PDA Net, but we no longer do so as we did not want to risk the loss of the Unlimited Data.

It's all good. As for a few years we were also successfully able to use PDA Net with my Unlimited Data on Verizon. Then when Verizon said to stop doing this, we just popped the sim card out and over to a USB device like the UML290. And low and behold, Verizon again allowed those with Unlimited Data to add a Hotspot to their plans, which is what we are doing now. (We gladly pay the extra money per month to have a Verizon allowed Hotspot option with our plan.)

The bulk of the time, our Verizon gets the best coverage overall, though ATT&T and Verizon dual coverage in areas are closer together then they've ever been. Very few times over the last few years, in the places we traveled, did we find ATT&T coverage in places where Verizon had no coverage. Those would be the times that it would be great to share the ATT&T Data in our RV.

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Use AT&T tethered to iPhone for all of our internet when on the road. They ran a special a couple of years back, 30G for the price of 15G, when we signed up they confirmed no charge, nor limit for teathering. Last month they sent us a note bumping our 30G to 35G same price.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

Archived