Pin height

GlennWest

Well bought a laser level today. Checked pin height accurately. It is 45" instead of 47". This is with pin box in neutral position, can go up or down 2". I have taller tires on Teton now. The XPS are somewhat higher than the originals.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Mount the hitch on the truck at 45" aired up ready to roll. That would give you room to move the pinbox up or down from the neutral position. This will give you the ability to change tire size on the RV, or change the rv if necessary. Since the hitch is bolted in on angle iron... the dimensions can change to what is needed. Not easily, but doable.

There may be an industry standard, but since its your truck, mount the hitch where you need it.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I measured the hitch on my F450. For my trailer to sit level, it was set at 48". That's how I setup everything on my hitch. You should also have a little bit (close 2") of room in your airbag sweet spot depending on which bags you used.

Here's mine at the low point of the airbag compression. If I recall, this was at about 44". Ride height for this hitch is set at a constant 48".

86740385-0622-4d32-aa7e-1172a0c1b464-b.j

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

bmzero, Just a note, all the work you do looks like a work of art! Keep it up. The pin height in the level position is 47 to 47 1/2 on our 43 Mesa Ridge 5er. When hooked up to the Volvo everything looks level. I suppose one way to really find out how level (straight) the 5er is would be to weight the trailer tires and see if the weight is about the same on each axle. I might do that at the ECR. I think I saw somewhere that getting weighted would be possible. Pat

The Old Sailor

Archived