Montana LLC vs. S. Dakota domicil.

Kiltedpig

You can do both. We have a MT LLC and are SD residents. A MT saves you money on the registration of a large RV; SD residency saves you money because there is no state income tax. The two are totally unrelated.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Several states do not have state income tax. FL, TX, and SD are three that also provide mail services. The primary reason some use a Montana LLC to purchase their MH is because MT does not impose a sales tax on vehicles.

It is possible th use the LLC to purchase and register the MH but still use another state as your official domicile. Be sure you interstate all the issues involved in using an LLC to buy the MH.

There are also more than one RV owner who use a Montana LLC wile setting up domicile in TX as well. I know several who do so and who are happy with their choice. SD clearly has some political support for an effort to remove the ability of one who is a fulltimer iwth domicile in SD to be able to vote there. Only time will tell just how far this is going to go. Domicile has little to do with the choice to use an LLC, so long as it violates no laws of the chosen state of domicile. If you want more specific information about an LLC, contact the Bennett Law Office in Missoula, MT as they will give solid advice before you make the decision.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

SD clearly has some political support for an effort to remove the ability of one who is a fulltimer iwth domicile in SD to be able to vote there.

Someone on another thread about this issue says the bill has been pulled from consideration. They didn't give any link to support that claim, but it would be good news, if true!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I have no link to "official" cancelation of SB164 but have been notified by both DakotaPost and My Dakota Address that the bill is dead. Greg

SB164 has been dropped as there was not enough support.

Have a great day!

Respectfully yours,

My Dakota Address

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Archived