Splendide Washer/Dryer

skukuruza

In our 2000 Pace Arrow we have a Splendide Washer/Dryer combo Model #WD802M. It has been working fine until last week when it completed the wash cycle and went into dry cycle. The drum rotated (as it had always done) but the clothes never got dry. I emailed the manufacturer who suggested the exhaust fan in the rear needed to be checked, but I can't get the machine out of the cabinet space to even check on the fan. Any suggestions?:

The service documents for all Splendide products can be found here: http://www.splendide.com/service/docs.html I believe you'll find some instructions for running it with the door open in order to check if the fan is running or if there is heat. But I doubt there's much you can do if you can't get the machine out of its cabinet in order to work on it.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

On ours the machine is in a cabinet with double doors. The doors are attached to a frame that is removable (6 screws). Once the frame is removed the washer/dryer slides out easily although it is heavy. The machine was not bolted down or secured in any way. Only thing I have to worry about is the vent hose coming loose from either the machine or the wall vent. I had to remove the exterior vent assembly and reconnect the hose the last time I pulled the machine out.

Lenp

USN Retired
2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

In our 2000 Pace Arrow we have a Splendide Washer/Dryer combo Model #WD802M. It has been working fine until last week when it completed the wash cycle and went into dry cycle. The drum rotated (as it had always done) but the clothes never got dry. I emailed the manufacturer who suggested the exhaust fan in the rear needed to be checked, but I can't get the machine out of the cabinet space to even check on the fan. Any suggestions?:

Is air blowing out the dryer vent? If so and its cold you need to replace the heating element . removing the unit should be very straight forward

replacing the element is easy once the machine is where it can be worked on

We used a Kariba (rebranded Splendide) WD802M for about 6 years, and periodically it would stop drying well until I removed the top and pulled the rubber duct loose that connects the drum housing to the cabinet vent outlet. There would be a buildup of wet lint in the rubber duct that needed to be cleaned out to restore normal air flow.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

There is a procedure for cleaning the lint out of the system. This can prevent clothes from drying. Here's what they sent me when I was having the same problem.

1. Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. *NOTE: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step.
2. Move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 push the extra rinse button then press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle.
Do this 3 times then try the dryer.

Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45OPP
Cummins ISL 450

Visit us at schwarz.org!

You dont need to remove the unit in order to repair. Use docj's link and find your model. The top is held by two screws at the rear of the unit that should be able to be accessed from the top. Short stubby screw driver helps. At least the book shows it, and mine works that way. After removing the screws lift the top at the rear slightly and push back on the top the remove it. You can then see the fan motor mentioned by the factory and the heat part of the dryer. The unit will operate with the top removed and there is exposed voltage. Know what you are touching if operating with out the top.

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel

There is a procedure for cleaning the lint out of the system. This can prevent clothes from drying. Here's what they sent me when I was having the same problem.

1. Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. *NOTE: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step.
2. Move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 push the extra rinse button then press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle.

I'll add a little to this:

It is hard to get the water level "1/2 way up" but close is good enough.

When running the cycle on #2 turn the dryer function OFF.

The idea is to "wash" the lint out of the rubber boot and let it flush out during a drain cycle.

As Dutch said the lint gets plugged in the rubber boot. I've drug a hose in and pulled the unit out of the cabinet and backwashed the rubber boot and then did the cleaning procedure.

Best to do as mrschwarz says and not let it get to this point by cleaning every month.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

It may all be in the installation no kinks or sharp bends in the hoses or exhaust. We have been using ours for 10 years and never had a clog or had to clean anything.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

like I said ! run dryer and go outside and see if air is coming out ok and is it cold? if so(cool) you need a new dryer element.I have seen this a few times and changed the element not hard to do (change element) IF its warm to hot air then its the LINT deal

The idea is to "wash" the lint out of the rubber boot and let it flush out during a drain cycle.

As Dutch said the lint gets plugged in the rubber boot. I've drug a hose in and pulled the unit out of the cabinet and backwashed the rubber boot and then did the cleaning procedure.

Best to do as mrschwarz says and not let it get to this point by cleaning every month.

I have to run the cycle #11 three times to get my 2100XC up to half way. This is at a site with good water pressure.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

• 2 weeks later...

The OP has a WD802M. It does not have a start button, any lights, or numbered cycles.

Is the idea to put an unusually large amount of water in the drum? If so, all you have to do on a WD802M is pour in extra water through the detergent drawer during a wash cycle.

The OP has a WD802M. It does not have a start button, any lights, or numbered cycles.

Is the idea to put an unusually large amount of water in the drum? If so, all you have to do on a WD802M is pour in extra water through the detergent drawer during a wash cycle.

if there no on/off buttom how does it start?

It has an ON/OFF button that is either ON (pushed in) or OFF (not pushed in). There is no START button that you can press and hold. The instructions above say: "When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button."

Can't do that on the OP's machine. That's why I'm asking what the goal of the action is.

This procedure saved me from any further maintenance. I perform this now every month or so just to keep the lint from plugging it up. No problems now in over 4 years. I have the 2100XC.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch

I have to run step #1 3 times usually to get the water level up to 1/2. Depends on water pressure/flow, but it can be done.

Ed

KM4STL

This procedure saved me from any further maintenance. I perform this now every month or so just to keep the lint from plugging it up. No problems now in over 4 years. I have the 2100XC.

I have had a 2100XC for 8 years part timing and have never had a lint plug up dryer system? never even looked or cleaned it out and dryer works fine

sounds like yours is not vented correctly if lint is plugging your up all the time

Archived