California Bed Builders

GoldRush

I know someone was looking for a bed builder in California a few months back. I found someone in Orange County that does some incredible work.

You can PM for details if you're interested. I'll try to post up some photos once I get them uploaded into my photobucket.

Gold Rush is that truck still commercial? Just wondered because of the 5th wheel hitch. The truck sure looks fine! The bed on my truck was built in Bakersfield in 03. They are still in operation because I called them to try and find out the paint code #. They din't keep records that far back. O well. Pat

The Old Sailor

Gold Rush is that truck still commercial? Just wondered because of the 5th wheel hitch. The truck sure looks fine! The bed on my truck was built in Bakersfield in 03. They are still in operation because I called them to try and find out the paint code #. They din't keep records that far back. O well. Pat

The Old Sailor

Pat,

Was your truck re-painted? If not your manufacturer should have a build sheet on file and the code should be on that. Got mine just by calling Volvo. Sometimes a nice dealer will look it up for you. Some don't want to be bothered unless you're buying something.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Suite, Upon further review I looker on the door panel and it gave me the paint #. I took that to the paint shop and they told me it was a good # and they could make it. We'll see. If anyone is still needing the Calif builder try Service Bodies by Douglas. They are located at 231-21st Street, Bakersfield, Calif. We are doing a little touch up on the cab and the box in preperation for the ECR. This will be our 1st Rally since 2010 and the 1st with the Volvo. We'll see you there. Pat

The Old Sailor

Douglas is a good builder. A little pricey, but they produce good stuff in my experience.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived