Happy New Year SKPs and Forum Members!

RV_

Is good, Derek... Happy New Years to you & yours also! And You too, Paul!

We're in cold Michigan... the ski resort across the valley is making snow... and I just turned on the electric blanket. Good time to be here... but Alice and I both are looking forward to getting to Arizona in a couple of weeks.

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Thanks Jim, Paul, Dutch and James!

I'm approaching this year as our second and second to last settling in. In a year or three when our remaining parent doesn't need us anymore it's Denver here we come. And If I have my way a summer home only, RV the rest of the time.

Jim, you ski? It is too cold that far up in the Northern Tier for me. Way too cold for RV living.

Dutch it is cold down here too. It went from 82 on Sunday for a high to 52 last Monday! I had to plant winter rye grass to stabilize the soil on the new house pad, and boy has it taken off! It's funny to see bright green grass only around the house and the rest the dormant brown St Augustine. Too wet for a rider so have to use the push mower. I know I know, I could be RVing with no lawn to maintain. But we have obligation here yet. Happy to be here for him.

James, we really liked the Fairfield CA. area for almost a year, but those Santa Ana winds! I had a flight out of Travis I hopped on and was really concerned as the plane really crabbed hard into the air.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Hey Dick! Happy happy!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Jim, you ski? It is too cold that far up in the Northern Tier for me. Way too cold for RV living.

Hi Derek. Yep, I've been a skier since I was 10 years old... Well, perhaps, "used to be a skier" - haven't done much in the last few years... Them bones of mine tend to yell at me when I do nowadays.

We bought land back in 1980 north of Grand Rapids, MI... with a distant view across the valley of a ski Lodge, Hills, Chairlifts, etc. It was the closest thing to living in the mountains that we could find in Michigan! And in fact has been a great place to live over the years. Derek, if you move to Denver... I would be the first to understand. Something about mountains...

Have a good one

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Sounds great Jim! We are expert skiers, did all over Austria, Switzerland, Italy and French slopes/resorts for at least 5 weeks a year for the 7 years we were there. (Total of 30 days leave and all the three day weekends.) We do miss the mountains, but we miss 4 seasons too. A winter drive from the Springs across the Cascade pass and up 285? to the alpine lake in Jefferson, and the rest of the scenic back way to Denver is one of our favorite day trips or two if we stayed in Denver for a full day there too.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

One thing in common for all of us is: what used to be is in the past and many may find it difficult to make that journey. I wish you the best in your QUEST. But, for some it may only be a memory. A Happy New Years to all!

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Archived