DOT fitting repair

rickeieio

I give up. I've been searching for the thread where part numbers were listed for the o-rings and collets for repairing DOT style fittings. I've searched both this forum and the HHRGuide, plus done multiple google searches.

HELP please.

The aluminum pass through manifold on my Mack has one fitting leaking. It's only $125 and 4 bolts for the complete assembly, but it's in an awful place to access.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Duh. I was searching "dot air fitting repair". The word "collett" will appear much less frequently, thus narrowing the search.

Thank you so much.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

If you look at hosesandfittingsetc.com they are a Parker store.

Or search for a Parker store on the net and see if there is one local.

I am thinking about replacing all the O'rings in the air system on our truck. Just this morning I found that they do have DOT O'rings that would work. DOT approved, build date and cure time.

The push lock fittings have an O'rings inside that is east to get out.

I have inspected a few of the fittings that I have replaced and the O'rings are somewhat brittle and will break apart as the elasticity has disappeared.

Possibly just replace the o'ing instead of pass through.

I have been looking for several days and just found the Parker store today.

Safe Travels, Vern

I give up. I've been searching for the thread where part numbers were listed for the o-rings and collets for repairing DOT style fittings. I've searched both this forum and the HHRGuide, plus done multiple google searches.

HELP please.

The aluminum pass through manifold on my Mack has one fitting leaking. It's only $125 and 4 bolts for the complete assembly, but it's in an awful place to access.

Rick,

I replaced O-Rings, collets, and hoses on all of 3/8" fittings on my pass thru. Made sure hose cuts were square. Even took an air hose and blew out any debris. Mine still leak. Sigh, bet the Volvo pass thru won't be $125 to replace.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Rick, If as Mr. Seas says and the number have changed I can't help you. However, the old numbers that I have for the parts are:

1/4" O-rings 85108484

3/8" O-rings 85108485

1/4" Collet 85108475

3/8" Collet 85108477

If they have changed they should be able to xref them for you.

I change all my O-rings and my leaks stopped (from that location). I have also replaced the O-rings in connectors and T's.

With that all said I STRONGLY ADVISE you to have a replacement collet or 2 available because if you drop one they are VERY VERY hard to find and with out them you are out of luck. I know this from personal experience and if Mrseas had not given me a couple of collets I would have been sunk.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Thanks all. I have the parts list at my elbow, and will make some calls tomorrow. For starters, I'll get 10 each o-rings and 2 each collets.

I also discovered that my split shifter is leaking on the Mack. Infineon sniffer found it while I was looking elsewhere. I love that thing.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Rick,

I replaced O-Rings, collets, and hoses on all of 3/8" fittings on my pass thru. Made sure hose cuts were square. Even took an air hose and blew out any debris. Mine still leak. Sigh, bet the Volvo pass thru won't be $125 to replace.

Actually the pass thru was less than $125 (about $104 IIRC). Had it sitting around for months and finally replaced. Took about 2 hours and no leaks. It was a good time to remove/clean all grounds because they were in the way. Re-seating that large electrical connector seemed to take care of some funky intermittent problems.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

Actually the pass thru was less than $125 (about $104 IIRC). Had it sitting around for months and finally replaced. Took about 2 hours and no leaks. It was a good time to remove/clean all grounds because they were in the way. Re-seating that large electrical connector seemed to take care of some funky intermittent problems.

Thanks Ray and Vern.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Rick,

Hey Suite I just remembered something. Before I found out about replacing the O-rings Billb and I rerouted a leaking line around the pass through manifold. If I remember correctly there were a couple of rubber plugs below the manifold and we just punched one out and rerouted the line through the hole and eliminated the manifold for that line. That was actually an Eastern rally project.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

E

Hey Suite I just remembered something. Before I found out about replacing the O-rings Billb and I rerouted a leaking line around the pass through manifold. If I remember correctly there were a couple of rubber plugs below the manifold and we just punched one out and rerouted the line through the hole and eliminated the manifold for that line. That was actually an Eastern rally project.

Brad

Thanks Brad. Will take a look.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Called the local Parker store this morning. They're emailing me a link to the catalog showing repair o-rings and collets. Maybe........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Archived