HDT Conversion to pull 5th wheel

lynchtrucking

For a 1 time use, buy a Hoppy, add a 7 pin round male end, and a 7 blade female end. Plug the male into the trailer jack on the truck, plug the trailer into the female coming off the Hoppy. Don't expect huge mileage off the Hoppy, but it's cheaper.

Totally agree or call Henry maybe he can come up with a cheep 1 time use adapter our Petes don't have all the electronic warning systems that everybody else has to worry about on the Volvos. So I think it could be done rather easy.

As for brakes one time use you could go buy a cheap electric brake controller wired into your brake light switch.

But to be honest it's not be legal but as long as you're not running in bad weather you can run it with no brakes.

I've ran mine down 7% grades and forgot that I turned the power down on the trailer brake control the truck held back just fine on the Jake only.

Hopoy and build a cord adapter. Like Darryl suggested. Prob under $100. Total. Instructions are in Hoppy. You will need the layout of the trucks commercial plug.

Really the only way to get what you want without cutting into truck wiring. That would be a mess.

If it's an older truck just splice into the tractors rear lights ( not the trailer cord) and add some kind off brake controller, the commercial fifth wheel will work fine for one trip,

Many of the older trucks have a 4 pin connector in the rear end. Its got the signals you need in it. Easy place to T in for the Lights, and you don't need to worry about the converter, as those signals do not have "divided" brake and turn indicators like the trailer plug.

Archived