Upgrade to Win/10 version 1511,15086

Pieere

Pieere

I don't see the 15086 update anywhere?

Dennis

It came in yesterday AM on the updates and security page then I went on ZDnet; Cnet and the Microsoft website! Some are having trouble downloading it! It is automatically downloading it at 8:53 AM; just hope it don't mess up my computer??? It is version 1511

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Pieere,

It will seem to be stuck and occasionally will leave you with a black screen and you will think it locked up. Just wait as if it fails it will give you a screen telling you and it will revert. What speeds do you have for the download and install machine?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Pieere,

It will seem to be stuck and occasionally will leave you with a black screen and you will think it locked up. Just wait as if it fails it will give you a screen telling you and it will revert. What speeds do you have for the download and install machine?

It is my Gateway NE 522 that I upgraded to 8 GB of RAM and 1 TB HDD 1.50 GHZ. I have 10240 build now I believe; when I updated from 8.1 used the media creation tool and a thumb drive; no problem; it blinked a few times but shown the spinning gear on the blue screen when downloading and uploading!

Well? How did it go or did it?

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

all mine are updating today too. One is taking forever too the Venue 11 Pro which is a 32 bit system. Is yours a 64 bit or 32 bit system?

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On mine the update says it is 739.94MB KB-3124200 64 bit

Mine hasn't started to update because I have it set for limited data.

I may have it start the download when I go to bed.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

OK my 32 bit systems finally got done. These were just a large cumulative update to the major upgrade from last month. That is the one that had the big percent ring showing on the black background. This one just took forever to download and install.

Biker you posted while I was typing. It was slow on a couple of my machines and I am on 100mbps cable.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I just updated 1511 KB-3124200 64 bit on my 4.67Mbps.

Started 9:45 PM

Finished Download 9:51 PM

Restart Finished 9:58 PM

It took about the same time on my Laptop. So it wasn't near as big as 740MB.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Yep that is how long it took on my 4GB of RAM and 8GB of RAM, or less. But the 32 bit 2 GB of RAM Voyo and the Venue 11 Pro took an hour. They sit saying waiting for download to installing, no indicator of progress they just sit there as if they aren't going to work, then after a couple of retries they do suddenly fast. The older Toshiba laptop was the fastest today. The HP desktop was OK once it got going. That is why I got her a new all in one. SATAIII mobo and very fast drive. Also since we are Windows tablet people both running Windows 10 we prefer having touch screen AIOs for the things we like to do faster with touch.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When I click on the details in Windows Update then waiting for download it shows the 15086 download date 11/11/2015 it shows install the next version of windows. Still at 3%. If it does it fine; if not it don't matter. Maybe i will just go back to Linux Cinnimon!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrades with Windows have gotten pretty fail safe for all except a very few. And those are usually using much older hardware not supported by the vendors.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived