HWH leveling jacks rise after leveling RV

Bungapads

What was wrong with your jacks that they had to be replaced? Unless you have a leaking hose or connection, the only way I know for the jack to raise without input from the controller is for the electric solenoid to not be shutting completely off. So I would suspect that either the solenoid is not properly tightened, it has failed internally, or the manual release valve on the back side is partially open.

My experience is with our system on our 2005 Winnebago, you system could be a lot different.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

When this happened to us, we replaced the solenoid for that jack and it fixed the problem. HWH has manuals with troubleshooting steps in them on their website, if you know your model number. We followed the troubleshooting steps in the manuall to determine it was the solenoid.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Same problem. The little solenoids have a needle valve on the end, and ever since one of my jacks was replaced it leaked. I cleaned the needle & used lapping compound on the tip, helped a lot. BUT- what really helped was disconnecting a line & pumping out all the fluid, put in new. I am pretty sure there was dirt in the old fluid blocking the needle on the one that was replaced. (By a "technician" who wasn't smart enough to read the label to not fill the system unless fully retracted. A**H*** to the 10th power! What do you think happened inside my front bay & all my stuff in there?)

YO', HWH - you think maybe you could put a filter in an otherwise good system? Oh no, it will never get dirt in it. Right! Talk to Ford Indy car engineers about that.

And those solenoids aren't cheap

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Uh, HWH is the brand, and they are hydraulic.

Sure sounds like the solenoid.

Sounds that way as I don't think that HWH makes anything but hydraulic. I wonder if it stops happening if they turn off power to the system? I would expect it to but................... I would be interesting to know why the jacks were replaced.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on how the system works. Fluid In / Fluid out is reversible by the valve system.

Extending the jack, fluid in one side, pushing extending the jack, while at the same time fluid is being pushed out the bottom.

Once pump has stopped, valves are in the closed position thereby preventing the fluid from bleeding down. This will keep the jack in that position until the operation is reversed.

Susan & Dale
DaGirls Rv 2008 Alfa Gold SoLong ISL 425 Cummins
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Tow / Roadmaster Setup
1600W@45Vdc Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar

880AmpHr
DaGirlsRv Blog

The OP has not returned so we don't know if his problem is fixed. However, for anyone else with HWH issues, just call the company and ask for tech support. They are excellent and will walk you through the troubleshooting process. Sometimes they may have to call you back if all techs are busy, but they will get to you eventually.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

Archived