Are You Bored? Looking for some HDT related amusement ?

RandyA

This link gave me a little over 5 minutes of entertainment. I did not pick up any infectious material while there so I believe the link is safe.

Here is another interesting one from 1927. It would come in handy when backing up a HDT with a trailer. I think the mod would actually be possible to implement on the Volvo but I'm not going to try it :).

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

It would be interesting to know what the guy in the back of the car was doing. He clearly had a role in the demonstration, but I couldn't tell what. Steering brakes?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Randy, that 1st link is our RVNetwork page?!?

Oppps - fixed it. Thanks.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

On the first, that modular design is brilliant. I would LOVE to see the engineering on the wheel assemblies. Also, is it electric or hydraulic drive? (what happens if one wheel breaks in the middle... :blink: )

2nd one..Has to be something to make the car start "turning"--this is a RWD vehicle. They must brake one rear wheel and force the other to begin moving the car. But it can't be total braking, cause the one wheel has to move backward.... Or some way to direct the driveshaft torque to just one of the rear wheels?

I find it just hilarious that they had this sorta thing (even as an idea) back then--and all these modern techies are so proud of their cars that "pivot the wheels for parking" over in Japan, etc.

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

Archived