Opti - Lube ; Looking for opinions

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for opinions on the products from Opti-Lube. Is anyone using their products ? Are they worth the money ? Do they really work as advertised ?

Looking for opinions, pro or con

Thank you for helping,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I had used the Opti-Lube Summer + for several years(10 +).

But switched this last year to the Boost only after most Pilot/Flying J are now adding Bio, and the lube in Summer + is no longer needed.

I also use their Opti-Lube GOLD Synthetic Severe Service Grease for my chassis & drive line and Jacks.

I did used their Oil Fortifier one year in my engine & generator.

Did all products work and improve MPG etc? I have no idea as I can change my MPG by slowing down or speeding up.

My average MPG went down(0.7 a gal) on this last summers trip from usual 10.2 MPG.

But that could be due too using a lot of B-20 or from towing a heaver toad 1,300 lb plus over the previous year.

So either Opti-Lube will work for you or just make you feel good. :)

Diesel additive test Here.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

In 4 million miles of trucking the only diesel additives I have ever used are anti gell/water removers when the temps are headed below 10 degrees

. How do you quantify if a specific additive is worth the additional cost? Any mileage claims are fairly small. Do a double blind study? How about longevity claims? Run 2 trucks a million miles, one with, one without, tear them down? Minor difference between drivers, engines conditions invalidate the study. Oil additives fall into the same category for me.

This debate goes back to the introduction of Marvel Mystery Oil in 1910. Not unlike over the counter pharmaceutical claims. Feel good products.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0057-gas-saving-products#devicestested

There is no getting over a belief when facts get in the way. I did a very in-depth study when I found out that Synthetic oils aren't way back in 2002. I posted it here but also on iRV2. Then Escapees decided that all stuff older than a year or two needs to be deleted losing lots of resource. Now that is their prerogative as this is their property. BUt from 2002 here is my research missing the great responses we got here on the SKP threads. While many of the links from back then a re likely no longer working, a quick search should turn up where they are now. But it is a comment on claims by the oil manufacturers.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/synthetic-lubricants-arent-12943.html

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I have used XPD, Summer + and Winter blend. Not really sure about any performance or mileage gains. The ol cummins has less of a rattle and starts easier than in the past. I have used the oil fortifier before, but only because it was given to me. If you buy quality oil and change it when needed, you should never have to add anything extra. Fuel on the other hand is a shit show one tank to the next.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

Murphy

10-4 on the one tank to the other!!

The last year or so I cannot seem to get clean or dry fuel. I have been changing my Davco filter seems like every 5K miles. Since filter prices have about doubled and in some cases tripled its getting expensive

Happy Trails

roadfitter.

roadfitter

2000 T-2000 10 speed autoshift DD430/500 H.P.

2001 Alfa 39' Toyhouse

http://community.webshots.com/user/roadfitter597

Holiday lite trucks.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-speciality-forums/64-maintenance-fluids/177728-lubricity-additive-study-results.html

This is the ONLY independent lubricity study of multiple brands.

It is important to read the introductory paragraphs to understand both purpose and results.

To your question; No - there was / is no discernible difference between using the product or not.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Archived