Reese Towpower 83002 Fifth Wheel Lube Plate

Pete Kildow

Needed to order a new Lube plate. My 33ft tilt gooseneck car hauler trailer has one and the camper. One of them had messed up after a couple of years use. Started looking around and most places were just way to high on these. Did a search and found the Reese 83022 for $5.76 each and free shipping. So I messed around and ordered 5 of them. Give one to our Daughter for her camper. Use one myself and have a few extra in case I need one or someone were camping near has an issue. Got them for a steal of a price of $4.33 each with free shipping. Hope its ok too post the link for these here. https://jet.com/product/Reese-Towpower-83002-Fifth-Wheel-Lube-Plate/214d2c9ed307407b97d0ac0c6df0bffc

The last one I bought was around $15. plus tax.

Hope this helps someone out.

Pete

event.png

Pete, thanks for the info on the deal. Always good to save money. .

But, if you own an ET hitch be careful with this plate. If I recall correctly Phoenix says this one may not work properly and may keep your hitch from closing securely. He recommends the thinner plate one if you use one.

The 83002 is 10" round and 3/16" thick. The 83004 is 12" round but only 1/8" thick.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

When I received my new hitch, I found the Binkley head on the new hitch would not work with a 1/4" plate. The old hitch did. A 1/8" plate was also too thick for the new Binkley head.

The jaws would meet but the lock block would not enter into the plate enough. Close examination found the bottom edge of the jaws were in contact with the radius of the lower collar of the pin.

Now I am using an aerosol graphite coating called SLID. It seems to be working

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

With our TrailerSaver that uses the Binkley head, a 1/8 lube plate is the max that it will accept. I sanded a 1/8 plate with a progression of 80 grit, 180 grit, 320, 600 grit and 2000 grit. If I could find a lube plate that is 3/32 or even 1/16 it would work fine.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

• 2 weeks later...

Pete, thanks for the info on the deal. Always good to save money. .

But, if you own an ET hitch be careful with this plate. If I recall correctly Phoenix says this one may not work properly and may keep your hitch from closing securely. He recommends the thinner plate one if you use one.

The 83002 is 10" round and 3/16" thick. The 83004 is 12" round but only 1/8" thick.

Thanks forgot this one may not work on some hitches. I have a TS hitch and was told some have issues with the thick plates on it also. But I have been using the thicker plate3 years now.

Again thanks for the info, may well save someone from getting the wrong one.

Pete

event.png

Archived