Best Mail Forwarding Service

dkgood

You should keep up with the news before giving suggestions. Escapees is not currently providing the service until an unknown date. We have kept up with them and would like to continue with their mail service but they don't know when they will be available.

I go by the announcement and what it says on the website. This page says that they do offer the option right now.

I sent off a note to management to see if we can get an official response.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Sounds like the Escapees service is an unknown right now. In it's absence I would sure go with America's Mailbox. Great service, a campground to call home, we used it when fulltime and have no complaints.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

One other thing to consider in pricing. How often will you actually want to get your mail. We discovered quickly that we receive so little snail mail that we often go 6 weeks without it. (the only junk mail is a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon that we can't seem to eliminate!).

So we have the very basic plan. If we are looking!ing for something very specific to come we call and Terri is very happy to look and see if its in our box.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Escapees concern is for the overall RVing community and being able to provide a superior service for that community. Currently we have put a hold on accepting new South Dakota Mail Service members due to an undisclosed policy.

During the process of creating this service, diligent research was done by Attorneys on domiciling in South Dakota, there were no issues. After the formation of the South Dakota Mail Service an undisclosed policy was brought up by the South Dakota Department of Public Safety. There was no way for us to know about this policy during the formation of our business model.

In the meantime, anyone in the Escapees South Dakota mail forwarding service will be allowed to receive a one year temporary driver’s license until this issue gets resolved.

Escapees has been in constant contact with the state of South Dakota and is working diligently to resolve the issue. We will keep the membership informed as we learn more.

Happy Travels,

Escapees RV Club

We can sign a statement that we "plan" to be in South Dakota when we stop traveling without reservation. Plans are always subject to change!

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

One other thing to consider in pricing. How often will you actually want to get your mail. We discovered quickly that we receive so little snail mail that we often go 6 weeks without it. (the only junk mail is a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon that we can't seem to eliminate!).

So we have the very basic plan. If we are looking!ing for something very specific to come we call and Terri is very happy to look and see if its in our box.

X2. Terri send when we email a request. No regular schedule.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

I for one am interested in the content of the undisclosed policy that Travis spoke of

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We can sign a statement that we "plan" to be in South Dakota when we stop traveling without reservation. Plans are always subject to change!

That works for some. For me, too many people know I would avoid winter altogether if Dave didn't have such strong ties to the Minneapolis area. So my honesty won't allow me to sign such a statement because we all know I would never pick South Dakota as a year round residence. That could make me vulnerable to a charge of fraud (or tax evasion). YMMV.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 2 months later...

News Update on South Dakota!

As stated in a previous post, “We don’t typically publicize our advocacy until we have a resolution or it becomes necessary to involve our members”… Great news, we now have a resolution! We just spoke with the South Dakota DPS counsel and they are now allowing the issuance of permanent driver’s license to our South Dakota mail service members. The DPS office will be mailing permanent license in the next few weeks to those members who received a temporary license. We are happy to report that Escapees will now be accepting new South Dakota Mail Service members.

Support, Knowledge and Parking are key components of what Escapees stands for. Advocacy is also a top priority and while Escapees goal is to provide a total support network for all RVers we will continue to advocate for your rights.

News Update on South Dakota!

As stated in a previous post, “We don’t typically publicize our advocacy until we have a resolution or it becomes necessary to involve our members”… Great news, we now have a resolution! We just spoke with the South Dakota DPS counsel and they are now allowing the issuance of permanent driver’s license to our South Dakota mail service members. The DPS office will be mailing permanent license in the next few weeks to those members who received a temporary license. We are happy to report that Escapees will now be accepting new South Dakota Mail Service members.

Support, Knowledge and Parking are key components of what Escapees stands for. Advocacy is also a top priority and while Escapees goal is to provide a total support network for all RVers we will continue to advocate for your rights.

Hey Travis,

Thanks for staying on top of issues like this.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I would stay away from Dakota Post. Too many management turn-overs in the past 2 years since the previous owner sold out. I understand they are hiring yet another new business manager.

We've had nothing but trouble with our mail and are changing to My Home Address in Emery.

Archived